Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to build my floor facing sonosub and I like the idea of recessing (18mm) the speaker up out of the way to minimise the chance of the speaker being poked by things underneath (e.g little kids' sticks, dusters, etc.). Is there any difference in sound between flush and recess mounting?

Also, at the base of the sonosub I plan to have 150mm (6") between the the faces of the driver and pedestal base. Is more better here? Should I consider a larger gap?

Any suggestions on what material to use for the legs (e.g. diameter) and how to attach them (glue, screw)?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
For sub woofer use, there is no difference between flush and recess mounting. For the distance between the driver and base plate, see post #10 of this thread:

http://www.hometheatershack.com/for...rted/6171-sonosub-baseplate-distance-sub.html

1 1/2 inch diameter wooden doweling is a popular choice for sonosub legs. I glued the one end on the sub baffle and just used screws on the baseplate. The base plate should be removable if you need access to the sub for any reason.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike :T

1 - 3 of 3 Posts