Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

201 - 206 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
I am running both of my 2500's @ 2ohms stereo, I think (hope) 28cfm will be fine. rich

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
seriously, I've been reading this thread for like an hour----can somebody just tell me what fan to buy?? My plan is to clip the wires of the old fan and mount new fan .....thanks rich
O ya one last thing if you guys think one ep2500 is loud, try listining to 2 :(
I had a stack of six at one point. Measured 70dB noise at 1m....

·
Registered
97 Posts
did you get a fan yet ? i got mines from Digi key - but i am using a GX5 amp - not sure if the fan size is the same - my fan was a 24V model which i belieave yours should be the same also - you need to find out the size - i think it should be similar - maybe 80 x 25 - and try to match up your CFM with a low DB noise -

search that website if you havnt already - My Part number is P9739-ND -- from Digi-Key - Manufactor part number is - FBA08A24L1A -- let me know if thats good for you -

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just ordered a pair of these http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/3110SB-05W-B50-E00/P14753-ND/2615566 for my pair of garage mounted EP4000's. My drivers are mounted IB right next to the amplifiers, and I could actually hear the stock fans through the paper cones up in the theater. The fans I selected seemed like the best compromise for high airflow and low noise with a bias towards high airflow for hot summers in the garage, rated at 30db and 41.3cfm -- 10db less noise and 12cfm less air movement. I guess I won't really find out until the dead of summer, but I think they'll hold up.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I push my 2500's very very hard.... they don't even get warm after 2 hours of black hawk down (and I can't even till there on), easily one of the best and least expensive mods I've ever done.

201 - 206 of 206 Posts