Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I personally saw this coming after they pulled out of Canada several years ago.
Radio Shack has filed for chapter 11
Story here
When I was younger they were the place to go to get the odd parts and gadgets for audio.

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
So I personally saw this coming after they pulled out of Canada several years ago.
Radio Shack has filed for chapter 11
Story here
When I was younger they were the place to go to get the odd parts and gadgets for audio.
The last few times i have been to Radio Shack... I wondered how they were staying in business. I was just in there yesterday and i was the only customer, and other times there was maybe one other customer. Not the sign of a profitable business unless they are making their money on the internet or the business is just a front for illegal activity (which I doubt is the case, but with some other businesses is the case).

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
They have been missed for a while, IME. It has been some time since I could find parts there that I needed.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I hated to see this but it has been on the downward spiral for a while now. They really didn't sell anything that wasn't sold somewhere else towards the end.

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
I drove by one of our local RS stores yesterday, and they are already having the up to 70% off store closing sales.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Haven't been able to get transistors, resistors, capacitors, blank circuit boards, etc... at Radio Shack for years here now. Several other local independent electronic parts stores have closed here over the last 15 years here too. Only game left here in town here is a place called Metro Electronics and they have to order in much of the parts and pieces I need.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I used to go to Radio Shack back in the day to get all kind of electrical parts but now with amazon, I never go there. Last summer, I was helping a buddy of mine and he needed something quick so we drop by Radio Shack near his place and we were the only customers. Also, nobody asked us anything. We walked around for 10 min and then walked out. Nobody said anything.. So, I am not surprised.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I remember going there with my father as a kid when they had only Shack brand and Realistic if I remember correctly.My parents worked at Tandy Wire & Cable were they made the wires for them.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Now I wish I had some of my old Realistic stuff. I had a pair of bomb-proof small speakers that I used as surrounds until I upgraded and gave them to a local science museum.

// Tapatalk on iPad Mini - Misspelling courtesy of Logitech folio kybd //

1 - 12 of 12 Posts