Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 40 of 111 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Been thinking about a setup like this for x-mas. Wondering if any of you guys would consider donating to my x-mas fund?

·
HTS Senior Moderator
8,367 Posts
If you are considering any of the above... you'll need some high end cables as well.

- 2 pairs of Virtual Dynamics Genesis 1.0 speaker cable, 14 ft long.
Retail @ $28,291.00/pr, sale @ $13,990.00/pr

- 4 Virtual Dynamics Genesis 1.0 power cable, 7 ft long.
Retail @ $15,332.00/ea, sale @ 6,990.00/ea.

- 2 pairs of Virtual Dynamics Revelation RCA interconnect, 2 meter long,
Retail @ $7,605.00/pr. Sale @ $3,590.00/pr
Would anybody in their right mind buy these thing!!!???

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Let's see... maybe if I was rich... Nope! Maybe a millionaire... Nope! Maybe a billionaire or a trillionaire... NOPE!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi,

I think this is my first post here, though I've been lurking for awhile. I couldn't help but jump in on this thread. I just completed my most ambitious DIY speaker design and finishing project. The finish took about 6-8 weeks to do. It is a combination of piano black (or as near as I could get it with spray cans and no buffing) and Santos Rosewood veneer over mdf, with a high gloss poly finish, using "Old Master's" poly. Many coats and weeks later this is what I ended up with. It actually exceeded my expectations. This is the HOSS (hybrid omnidirectional speaker system).

I found these in a forum today. Very wild.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Pretty amazing for DIY.

Here are a couple of Halcro 200wpc mono amps... originally $35K... only $14,990.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Nordost Valhalla 3.5m speaker cables.. originally $10,700 for only $5,500.

Oh and btw... you get the pair for that price... :T

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I couldn't resist letting everyone know about this deal... it's a steal!!!

Originally $32,500... a bargain at $18,500... hey... you get free shipping to boot, however, you must be a serious buyer. :sarcastic:

Transparent OPUS MM 8'pair speaker cables in excellent like new condition. Minor scratches on spade lugs only. Free shipping in the US. PayPal add 3%. Wire transfer payment preferred. Serious buyers only please. No trades. Thanks for your interest.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I couldn't resist letting everyone know about this deal... it's a steal!!!

Originally $32,500... a bargain at $18,500... hey... you get free shipping to boot, however, you must be a serious buyer. :sarcastic:

Gee, they're not Mike Lavignes are they??!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Been thinking about a setup like this for x-mas. Wondering if any of you guys would consider donating to my x-mas fund?

AND...ya gotta love that big screen he or she got to go with that system...he he!
I REALLY REALLY REALLY love audio, but anyone in my area has my permission to commit me when I go that far (like I could...LOL) :dizzy:

·
Registered
28 Posts
"Without first hand knowledge or even any real product knowledge (other than a little JBL stuff) I get the distinct impression that the jbl's would probably walk all over the stradvaris for reproduction quality.
The stradivari, to me, look like they spent as much time designing them to look like highend gear as they did designing at an accoustic level. where as the jbl's have just got that "ugly but it's functional" look."

Unlikely, those JBLs are not only ugly they are about 20 years behind technologically.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Is that what those are... JBL? Uh... those wouldn't fit my decor either, but I imagine I could make room for the electronics. :yes:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Actually I believe the ones above my last post are Avantgardes, for some reason my "quote" did not include the post of the JBLs.

·
Registered
511 Posts
What about those crazt plasmatronics, I'll try to find a good link, i read a site that was translated from German once, Ill look for that. Those things are very strange indeed.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
"Without first hand knowledge or even any real product knowledge (other than a little JBL stuff) I get the distinct impression that the jbl's would probably walk all over the stradvaris for reproduction quality.
The stradivari, to me, look like they spent as much time designing them to look like highend gear as they did designing at an accoustic level. where as the jbl's have just got that "ugly but it's functional" look."

Unlikely, those JBLs are not only ugly they are about 20 years behind technologically.
I only just realised you were quoting me. I would pit 20 year old JBL technology against a substantial amount of todays rubbish. New doesn't always equal better.

21 - 40 of 111 Posts