Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
At 220lbs each / 440lbs for the pair, the Pass Labs X1000 class A mono blocks can output 1000 watts RMS into 8 ohms, 2000 watts into 4 ohms, 4000 watts into 2 ohms.

The best part is you can snag a pair of these in excellent condition (9/10) from Audiogon for only $10,000. Original retail is $24,000.

I guess you'll need a forklift to get them in your AV rack... :yikes:
DROOL! :T I've always wanted a pair of these. Nelson Pass is the man!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Thigpen

Surprised the Thigpen wasn't mentioned:

Thigpen rotary suboofer :
Specifications:
Amplifier Requirement: 150 watts @ 8 ohms
Impedance: 8 ohms 0Hz - 40Hz
Frequency Response: 1Hz – 30Hz +/- 4dB :eek:
Suggested Crossover: 20Hz @ 18dB/octave
Sensitivity 94dB 1 watt 1 meter @10Hz
Maximum Acoustic Output: >115dB between 1 and 20Hz.

Used in Niagara Falls Attraction

Earthquake Generator: "the TRW generated subsonic waves could be ‘felt’ more than 3 miles away!"

·
Registered
139 Posts
MOON AUDIO

Titan

New, warranty, your adonized color choice, 15Hz to 90Khz, 96db, 2800lbs each, internal auto-room correction built-in, worldclass reference
For the low price of $500,000

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x332/ru4au/moonaudio_titan_hirez.jpg

and power them with this

PIVETTA

Opera

The worlds ultimate and most expensive amp and we are the exclusive worldwide dealer. Hand made in Italy, 20,000 watts, 220 volt AC, 6 feet tall, mutli channel capability, will power any speaker … awesome!

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x332/ru4au/opera.jpg

for the bargain price of $490,000

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sometimes I run across some really weird or unusual... or maybe it's rare or amazing... either way it's interesting to see some of these things.

If you find something that fits... copy the image here if possible.

Big speakers always fascinate me...

Check out these JBL 4350 Studio Monitors going for 11 grand over at Audiogon...

I like the looks of those for some odd reason :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
That would definitely do the trick. I can't even imagine that on 11! Gotta hope for good neighbors.

It reminds me of younger days in a rock band. I had this massive set of cabinets with and heads all connected together, because I was testing the setup (borrowed equipment) for a weekend gig.. Needless to say, it was being heard over a mile away (from inside my house with all the doors and windows closed)... Ah, great memories... cool factor 10, hearing afterward 0, experience -magical!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Looking for some classic vegas... The old school ones with the orange trim around the woofer.
Check out Craigslist or Audiogon.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I have a pair of D-9's from 1989-ish. They have 15" woofers, 2, 3" mids and a horn loaded tweeter, with mid/treb tone controls. I was a teenager when I got em, and there was nothing cooler(to me). ...salesman tried getting me into an early gen accoustimass. I laughed so hard.
I don't know what I'm gonna do with them, but I did put em on eBay once so I might be ok to sell them. The surrounds were intact when went to check them but, once I pushed on them to test their integrity, it was made known why surround kits for them are cheap. Where are you at?

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Actually thats the "small" one. How about 10000 watts x 12 featuring not 2 but 6 30kw toroidal transformers. Speaking of transforming this pic is of it in its "open" profile, it will close up into a 12 sided cylinder. Only weighs in at 3300lbs. A paltry $2m

I'll take 2... Should be good enough for Atmos. Just need to win the Lotto, and rewire my house first. :sneeky:

81 - 100 of 111 Posts