Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Na, leave the house wring as is. Two of those puppies your going to be running their own dedicated 400amp service from the street. Not sure if you will have to pay for the locall transformer upgrade though. On the bright side if you rip out your furnance and put them in a room with the open ducting and a fan it should keep you toasty in the winter

·
Registered
38 Posts
What kind of music do people with these ridiculous setups listen to? I know Linkwitz is all about live orchestral sorta stuff, is that what most of these people are listening to on $100k+ systems?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Not sure about $100k+ systems, but my ~$75k monstrosity of ridiculousness plays only the two best types of music ...country AND western :rofl:

Sorry, just couldn't resist. Seriously...
I spin/stream blues, rock, world, jazz, some classical, & some metal. Good and bad quality recordings in all formats, my system is an equal-opportunity UNSPOILER. I "voiced" her for my own enjoyment of a strong majority of my entire music collection at volumes faithful to the original performances. She may not perform like a dragster on top-notch tarmac; but then again, a dragster can't round corners on bumpy alley streets either.

Your turn--define "ridiculous" :huh:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not sure about $100k+ systems, but my ~$75k monstrosity of ridiculousness plays only the two best types of music ...country AND western :rofl:

Sorry, just couldn't resist. Seriously...
I spin/stream blues, rock, world, jazz, some classical, & some metal. Good and bad quality recordings in all formats, my system is an equal-opportunity UNSPOILER. I "voiced" her for my own enjoyment of a strong majority of my entire music collection at volumes faithful to the original performances. She may not perform like a dragster on top-notch tarmac; but then again, a dragster can't round corners on bumpy alley streets either.

Your turn--define "ridiculous" :huh:
Thanks for the reply! Glad to hear someone with a system of your caliber isn't a complete music and recording snob. My system is more in the $1-2k range, and might not be the best for all music, but my line arrays do a fantastic job at producing the mountains of feedback and distortion in the doom metal I primarily listen to. I couldn't ask for much bigger sound without a set of 4x12 guitar cabs in my living room. Maybe someday I can do the same on a $75k monstrosity like you!

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
But hey! If you are lucky enough to drive a dragster, who cares about turning. I'll take 7-8 g's of straight acceleration. ...wouldn't mind 75k for a system either....:)

101 - 111 of 111 Posts