Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cimarron Falls Cineplex

This thread is actually a merging of two other threads. My original Cimarron Falls Cineplex idea and a construction thread that shows the changes as they have evolved. I came back to this original post in hopes of showing a time line of the changes. So, here is where I was and where I am currently.

As of 3/28/2010:

As of 12/10/2010:
Added an inwall cabinet, projector and 110" screen.

As of 2/7/2011:
Removed the inwall cabinet and built a closet in the back of the room:

Sheet-rocked over the window:

Flipped the room and put the screen on the opposite wall and added the Axiom Epic 80 7 channel speaker set with an Axiom EP800 sealed sub.

Still going to add a riser in the coming weeks as well as new carpet, re-paint the whole room so the color is even and finally add some professional acoustic treatments. More to come...

As of 10/10/2011:
Finished adding the riser, carpet and closet; all of which can be seen in other parts of the thread but here are the completed picks.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Re: Cimarron Falls Cineplex

Hey man that looks great! You have some pretty beefy equipment too. I can't wait to move into a bigger house with a dedicated room I can deem "cinema room":bigsmile:

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks Toby, we just moved at the end of last year and the only caveat I had was my own dedicated room. Oddly enough, it was my wife's one caveat as well, I guess she was tired of seeing all that stuff in the living room. :dontknow:

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Looks great Dale! When are you going to convince the wife you need a projector? :D
I tried the whole, "Well Dave just got one" but she hasn't budged yet.:dontknow: Now I have to contemplate whether or not it's worth a week of sleeping on the couch if I just show up with it. :ponder:

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

haha, well, that works out pretty well. The room looks pretty good Dale.
Thanks Steffen, I wish I could take some better pictures but I'm not much of a photographer. Too bad I don't know someone who could give me pointers....... Oh wait......:D

·
Registered
476 Posts

If you die, can I have your Army of Darkness Poster? I love that show.
Looks great. Always nice to have a man cave.
Matteo

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Hey Matt, I called my attorney and made sure to tag your name in my will for the Army of Darkness picture. They said you would have to cover shipping though. :doh:

·
Registered
36 Posts

I'm jealous...you have your own HT room....this is making me think of an idea like "Throw Momma From The Train" concerning the Wife!

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I'm jealous...you have your own HT room....this is making me think of an idea like "Throw Momma From The Train" concerning the Wife!
That was a good one Stu! :rofl:

·
Registered
9 Posts

I love the color of your walls. Can you tell me what color it is and what kind, brand, etc of paint you used? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Hi Randy, the paint is called River Rock Textured paint by Ralph Lauren. My bride picked it up at Lowes. It has some sand in it for the texture. We love the look on it and it is not at all reflective so works great in the theater.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Thanks for the info. on the paint. I will swing by Lowe's today! Did Lowe's mix in the sand for you or did you do it yourself? If so, how much sand per gallon of paint? Thanks again for all your help! Your theater looks great!!!

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Hey Randy, Lowes takes care of it for you. You should be able to start painting when you get home if you want to.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 195 Posts