Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

181 - 195 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
To bad I live so far away. I would love to work on a whole room setup like yours. As a matter of fact, I'm driving over to Houston tomorrow to help a friend setup his home theater audio. Then back to San Antonio tomorrow evening. It will be a long day.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Dale, I had to look twice to realize that was real photos of the room. That is amazing it looks so perfect that I almost thought it was a 3D rendering :)
I would definitely say thats a winner!

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Thank you guys for the kind words, I am trying to figure out what it is that specifically bothers me about my current room or that I think is missing. Lighting is a big part of it as is the lack of columns. I wouldn't mind having a proper stage upfront as well. These are all things that could actually be added to my current setup, but I like the idea of creating this 'Fam Cave' that has a separate concession stand and video game area with some of the old standup arcade games like Galaga, Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, Etc. I'll be starting up the new thread once I finish my current batch of subs to test and the Velodyne review.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Interestingly enough I have whatever I need to get it done right. I know that's a vague statement but true. The only big stipulation is that it all has to be done with cash. No financing... Since I will be doing the electrical and construction myself I will save a lot on labor. The only thing I will be contracting out will be the carpet/flooring once the construction is done.

So I guess the answer would be, if it makes sense I can pretty much do it.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
So are you going to gut the room and start over?

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
I am thinking that part through. There will be some level of that to be done, but I do not necessarily need to take it all back to the studs. I think the exterior walls will be fine but the internal walls will definitely need some work and sound dampening work to them.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I look forward to seeing this in progress. I would love to have a real arcade console in my room :)

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Haven't decided, but it sounds like a good idea. This is one of the reasons I went ahead and put it out here now so there is plenty of time to start weighing these types of approaches and designs. I really like the idea, I am familiar with the concept but heave never executed it in a design yet.

181 - 195 of 195 Posts