Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

81 - 100 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Re: Cimarron Falls Cineplex

Looks great !! Looked through all 6 pages mayby i missed it . what are the deminsions of the room..??

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #82

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Since starting the remodel of our home theater, we have decided on the name that we want to use in order to properly re-christen it. This thread is a merging of the original setup as well as the current remodel thread. There will be some ongoing projects, but I wanted to have it in a single spot under the new name.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I REW'ed the day yesterday and here is the result.

13Hz at 72db wasn't too shaby, only really focused on the 13-80Hz range. I suppose I could tighten up to 120, and might do that today since I am iced in anyway.

·
HTS Senior Moderator
5,288 Posts
That response from 80Hz down is about as good as you're going to get. Nice job.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
That response from 80Hz down is about as good as you're going to get. Nice job.
Thanks Bryan, I thought about working on it a bit more, then realized my OCD was kicking in so I put the meter down and backed away slowly. :ponder:

·
HTS Senior Moderator
5,288 Posts
You might be able to cheat a tad by creating a hole in the sub to mains xover point and tame that hump around 90ish but other than that, it looks like you're in the +/-5 range very well.

·
HTS Senior Moderator
5,288 Posts
I'd want to take a look at the waterfall to see what's happening at 90ish before you go too far. There's a lot more to address than just frequency response.

·
HTS Senior Moderator
5,288 Posts
Doesnt' look too bad at 90. Actually have more of a longer tail in the 60-70Hz range. You could stand a bit more broadband bass control if possible in the room.

Bryan

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Doesnt' look too bad at 90. Actually have more of a longer tail in the 60-70Hz range. You could stand a bit more broadband bass control if possible in the room.

Bryan
That's funny, the next thing on my list after the riser in the next couple of weeks is literally verbatim "Contact Bryan for help on better room treatments". The DIY's I did last year work alright, but I knew I wanted to get some better treatments and add some bass traps when I was done with the construction part of the changes.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #95 (Edited)
Spent all morning removing the ginormous acoustic panel covering the window, framing out the window, insulating and hanging the drywall. Finally closed in and ready to tape, float, texture and paint. But that's a tomorrow problem...

Update: I lied! I knocked out the tape and floating.

Done!

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Thanks Jim, I actually get encouraged by my wife to find new projects in there. Evidently I get a little unbearable/annoying when I don't have a project to distract me... :gah:

81 - 100 of 195 Posts