Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

141 - 160 of 195 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Thanks JJ, my only problem is coming up with the next thing to do.....
Dale,
It never ends! I truly know the feeling. What I really want to tackle next is having Dual 20A Lines for my HT. As I am Renting, this is not a realistic goal currently. The price I had to pay to live 3 Miles from what Dr. Beach rated the Number 1 Beach in the US. However, I blame my Ex-Fiancee for using all of her charms to get me to Rent this House. Dumped the girl, still Rent the House.... If Moving was not so miserable, I really should buy a Home. Especially with the money I throw away each Month in Rent.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
I'll be close this weekend. Clearwater Beach on Friday night and Saturday night then onto Orlando Sunday for four days. Should be a fun road trip... Until it's time to go home...

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
I'll be close this weekend. Clearwater Beach on Friday night and Saturday night then onto Orlando Sunday for four days. Should be a fun road trip... Until it's time to go home...
Dale,
I hope that you and yours have a wonderful time. Clearwater is really nice, but you should have come to Siesta Key... It really is an amazing Beach here and Lido Beach/Longboat Key are really beautiful too.

Speeding Tickets have gone up exponentially as the State and Local Governments are trying to offset the Budget Shortfall by increased Tickets. They even use Harleys and Ford F-150 as Police Cars here! So do keep it under 10 Over and realize there are far more than Crown Victoria's and Malibu's being used to give Tickets.
I-4 is really bad as the Speed Limit is 55 pretty much from a few Miles before the Disney Exits Eastward into Orlando and Traffic can be absurd.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Dale,
I hope that you and yours have a wonderful time. Clearwater is really nice, but you should have come to Siesta Key... It really is an amazing Beach here and Lido Beach/Longboat Key are really beautiful too.

Speeding Tickets have gone up exponentially as the State and Local Governments are trying to offset the Budget Shortfall by increased Tickets. They even use Harleys and Ford F-150 as Police Cars here! So do keep it under 10 Over and realize there are far more than Crown Victoria's and Malibu's being used to give Tickets.
I-4 is really bad as the Speed Limit is 55 pretty much from a few Miles before the Disney Exits Eastward into Orlando and Traffic can be absurd.
Cheers,
JJ
Unfortunately I only just learned about Dr. Beach and his list! :rant:

Thanks for the heads up on the budget correction tactic being implemented, hopefully I can avoid that whole thing.

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Dale,
I drive all across Florida for Work and to see Friends and Family and I simply do not have the words to describe just how much Enforcement of Speeding has gone up in the past 2 years. Today, I saw one Crown Victoria literally have 4 Cars Pulled Over at once. However, it is really the use of far different Vehicles than what I have ever encountered for HWP that really is so tricky. Really smart, but still strange to see an F-150 pulling folks over.

Regardless, I hope you guys have a wonderful time. Disney World is not nearly as crowded in the Summer due to the heat. If a Roller Coaster fan, Busch Gardens in Tampa is tops. Universal Studios in Orlando is really close in that department. At DW, the only Coaster I found slightly exciting was the Aerosmith one at the Studio Park. Also, the Tower of Terror is there too. I know that sounds weird with Kids being out of School, but this is the time when you do not see nearly as many International Tourists. As you live in Houston, I do not think you will be too bothered by the heat.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Thank you JJ, I can't wait to get there. We are actually only going to Universal this time. We went and did the whole DW thing back in 2005, but the kids are 14 and 16 now and we are after the roller coasters this time around. We also enjoyed the attractions at Universal last time around as well, should have thought about Bush Gardens, but that will give us a reason to go back in a couple of years!

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Thank you JJ, I can't wait to get there. We are actually only going to Universal this time. We went and did the whole DW thing back in 2005, but the kids are 14 and 16 now and we are after the roller coasters this time around. We also enjoyed the attractions at Universal last time around as well, should have thought about Bush Gardens, but that will give us a reason to go back in a couple of years!
Dale,
That is great you are going to Universal instead as DW costs a fortune and is really best for younger children.
I once spent a Week at DW with the Ex and it was hard find many fun things to do. Florida Residents get ridiculous offers for Passes at DW so the Tickets were dirt cheap, but boy do they get you everywhere else. I did not want to go, but she had never been there and I felt it wrong to have never been.

Busch Gardens is mostly locals as you can purchase a Fun Pass for around 70 Dollars and it is good until December 31st. If you get it in January of February, it represents the greatest value in Theme Parks I have ever known. Before AB was sold to InBev, you also got 2 free Beers and could also attend Beer School for free where you could try Beers that are not available in the US. Not sure about the School, but the free Beer ended after the Sale.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Dale,

Busch Gardens is mostly locals as you can purchase a Fun Pass for around 70 Dollars and it is good until December 31st. If you get it in January of February, it represents the greatest value in Theme Parks I have ever known. Before AB was sold to InBev, you also got 2 free Beers and could also attend Beer School for free where you could try Beers that are not available in the US. Not sure about the School, but the free Beer ended after the Sale.
Cheers,
JJ
Did I hear about free beer mentioned on a thread?
:unbelievable: :run2: :coffee: :dumbcrazy:

Oh yeah, that's some theater you put together! :T

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Dale,
That is great you are going to Universal instead as DW costs a fortune and is really best for younger children.
I once spent a Week at DW with the Ex and it was hard find many fun things to do. Florida Residents get ridiculous offers for Passes at DW so the Tickets were dirt cheap, but boy do they get you everywhere else. I did not want to go, but she had never been there and I felt it wrong to have never been.

Cheers,
JJ
They got me JJ!!! 94 in a 70... I didn't even know realize how fast I was going. Luckily they let me off with a warning!

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
They got me JJ!!! 94 in a 70... I didn't even know realize how fast I was going. Luckily they let me off with a warning!
I don't believe you, no way, no how they'd do that, unless...you invited'em to a showing at the Temple of Boom! :hsd:

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Wow. A Warning! That is amazing. Traffic flies down here and it is easy to happen. As I just last week filled Florida's coffers to the tune of almost 400 Dollars, all I can say is you got amazingly lucky. Warnings are almost exclusively given to very attractive Women.

I did once get a Warning for going 98 in a 55 when I was 22 driving from Charleston SC to Knoxville TN. The Speed Limit drops to 55 in The Smoky Mountains on I-40 between TN and NC. The Trooper asked me to get out of the Truck and told me to get in the Cruiser. I totally thought I was going to Jail only to be told to get in the Front Seat of the Cruiser. We talk for around 30 Minutes where he tells me he cannot believe an Isuzu Trooper is even capable of going that fast and we literally just talked about life, my College experience, etc.
He writes me a Warning and lets me go. To this day, I still cannot believe it happened.

The Troopers here have gotten real strict in the last 2 Years thus my prior warning. It really is the amazing and diverse collection of different Vehicles that they use that makes them especially tricky. I am so glad you got a Warning. I do not think I need to tell you just how lucky you got.

If you want any Restaurant Recommendations in Tampa for the Evening, please just Post.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Ok, I think I figured it out. I was pulled over by a K9 unit in an SUV and my guess is they didn't want to hassle with the paperwork but wanted to put the kibosh on the speeding.

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Ok, I think I figured it out. I was pulled over by a K9 unit in an SUV and my guess is they didn't want to hassle with the paperwork but wanted to put the kibosh on the speeding.

Hello,
That sounds like serendipity as indeed they were looking for far more than mere Speeding Tickets and it was far quicker to give you a Warning than do all the Paperwork of a Ticket. Regardless, I think that is awesome you got a Warning regardless.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Maybe they were government secret agents looking for a bad guy. Did they show you their....Badges ???

Ok someone take it away.

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
To put it bluntly, they were looking for Illegal Drugs. That is why they have Tahoe's and Yukons as well for room for the German Shepard, Belgian Shepard, or Labs.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
No I mean the Badges lead. I cannot get it out of my head now.

"Badges, Badges ??? We don't need no stinking badges."

141 - 160 of 195 Posts