Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

RCA cable splitter

1598 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  GCG
HTS newbie here... Trying to hook up a recently purchased Audio Technica turntable to both a stereo and a pc. Is there such a thing as a RCA cable splitter with a switch where I can be hooked up to both without having to unplug when I want to change from stereo to pc and vice versa? Thanks in advance!
1 - 1 of 5 Posts
Most turntable outputs require a higher sensitivity input on the receiver than other sources, and the input impedance is important. Unless your turntable has a built in phono preamp, you will need to use an input specifically labelled PHONO. Your computer does not have this typically. If you use an outboard phono preamp like the link below you could then split the output to drive two devices.

1 - 1 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.