Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody used unbalanced cables to balanced minidsp 2x4.

The manual states I cut one end off and screw the wires into the Phoenix connector. Seems easy enough. I need the 2v output for my crown xls2000.

Anybody got any experiences with these connections? Good and or bad?

·
Registered
38 Posts

The manual states I cut one end off and screw the wires into the Phoenix connector. Seems easy enough. I need the 2v output for my crown xls2000.

I'm in the process of ordering the same thing. I also need 2v out for my Hafler DH-200. From what I've seen nobody has any problems with wiring them up themselves from a pair of y-splits. You can buy them premade if you don't want to do it yourself, here's some from amazon, but they're a bit pricey compared to what you could do yourself. http://www.amazon.com/Atlas-Sound-AS2RCA-3M-PHX-Phoenix-Connector/dp/B009RUAA1I

·
Super Moderator
9,257 Posts

The overwhelming majority of miniDSP buyers are using unbalanced inputs. They keep recommending miniDSP to other people, so I’m guessing their experiences have been good. :T

Regards,
Wayne

·
Premium Member
5,802 Posts
I am using unbalanced, but I bought the 2x4 MiniDSP in a box so it uses RCAs to connect... Which works fine for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts