Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got this TV for free and dont have the funds to bring it to a repair guy($200-$300),so I would like to take on the repair myself. the model #p56940 and chassis #ptk195e2p. Can some one tell me what the stk looks like? this is what my convergence board looks like

hxxp://cgi.ebay.ca/RCA-convergence-board-for-PTK195-242674_W0QQitemZ230413001835QQcmdZViewItemQQptZTelevisions?hash=item35a5af646b

Thanks,
the new guy
Carlo

P.s. if I can get it fixed I will give it to mom and dad who have been watching a 32" now for 25yrs.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
IIRC, this set does not use the typical STK output ICs. Symptom-repair solutions only work when they apply to your product. Do not assume that all sets are the same. This chassis is a much different beast than th typical RPTV that you will see discussed here with easy convergence repairs.

I suggest you get a service manual for the set if you intend to try to sort out what is wrong with it, and start with looking for the obvious like a coolant leak or a convergence power supply problem.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
You are welcome, though I am not sure how I was helpful.:scratch:

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
What part and where did you find it? Others may find the information useful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.