Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Silly question, but I recently added a Y adapter to the RCA line into my subwoofer except their are no indications on which one of the female outs are right or left.

Anyone know if it really matters which side goes into the sub?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Wouldn't matter if it was just feeding a left and right input of a sub......

brucek
Wouldn't matter if they are both transmitting the same signal.

Kal

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,
That settles that one. It's a Velodyne and the manual states that if one wants to receive more LFE signals, then the use of a Y adapter is suggested, except I didn't notice that much of a difference.
Anyone have the same experience?

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
It's a Velodyne and the manual states that if one wants to receive more LFE signals, then the use of a Y adapter is suggested, except I didn't notice that much of a difference. Anyone have the same experience?
I used an RCA cable on my VRP1000....using the "Y" will give you between 3db-6db more signal output; but you need an SPL meter to measure (or better, use REW); sometimes is hard to notice anything by ear :yes:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks David,
Yes that will be my next learning experience, applying REW or one of those other programs. I've read some of the threads but have gotten a bit confused. Although I just gave it a once over read. The more I apply the more I'll understand I'm sure.
I guess the first thing I need is one of those radio shack analog meters then borrow an Apple laptop and load one of the software's mentioned in the forum.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Yes that will be my next learning experience, applying REW or one of those other programs. I've read some of the threads but have gotten a bit confused. Although I just gave it a once over read. The more I apply the more I'll understand I'm sure.
I guess the first thing I need is one of those radio shack analog meters then borrow an Apple laptop and load one of the software's mentioned in the forum.
I know what you mean...I waited almost six months to finally decide to start using the program, is confusing at first but after a couple of measurements you feel like an expert.

Is a good idea to have the SPL meter on hand, I always use it to fine tune after the auto-calibration (there's always a 1-3db difference between speakers) :yes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts