Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble trying to use this driver data. Take a look at my input data and let me know what I'm doing wrong. Been trying for hours and its frustrating. Please help.

Fs- 15.6
Sd- 187.55 Sq. in.
Bl- 18.16
Re- 4.2
Qms- 2.82
Xmax- 2.13 in.
Pe- 2000
SPL- 86.2
Qts- 0.55
Changed Znom from 6.0 to 4.0

2 Voice coils

When I change from parallel to series the Bl goes to 36.32 and the Re goes to 16.8. What should I do? Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just tried what you suggested and it said "consistency check on the following parameter groups failed." no, spl, rho, c

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
Electrical Q Value -Qes: 0.68
Mechanical Q Value -Qms: 2.82
Total Speaker Q Value -Qts: 0.55
Free Air Resonance -Fs: 15.60 Hz
Equivalent Compliance -Vas: 482.0 liters
One-Way, Linear Excursion -Xmax: 54 mm
Efficiency -SPL 1W/1m: 86.20 dB SPL
Effective Piston Area -Sd: 1210 cm^2
DC Resistance -Re: 4.2 ohm
Nominal Impedance -Znom: Dual 2 ohm
Thermal Power Handling -Pe: 2000 W
Force Factor -Bl: 18.16

Using the auto calculate in WinISD results in a much lower Vas (376 L) compared to the published specs (482 L). Uncheck the auto calculate feature and enter the parameters as published.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Allow it to auto calculate. Input, RE, SD,BL, MMS, CMS, QMS. Small differences from the specs really do not matter. Trust me. There is more variation in the manufacturing tolerances. If you download the file from the winisd section it will fire right up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mms and cms is not on the RE website. I tried downloading it from winisd. Did as the instructions said and no go. I then got my wife to help and still no go. I'm not a computer person. I hate em. I love them for surfing the net but beyond that I'm lost.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I tried to download it but it says adobe reader could not open file. I had no problem with the LMS Ultra 5400 data but this XXX is giving me a fit. Its like a curse or something. Everything I try fails. Thanks for you guys help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.