Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WS-55807 Convergence Repairs Parts / Manual Questions

First of all ... THANK YOU to those who have contributed to the knowledge on this thread. It is amazing.

Make and Model:
Mitsubishi WS-55807.

Symptoms:
Red convergence is off. It will not move in one direction. Re-setting to factory defaults does not cure the problem. This is a persistent issue.

Charitable purpose:
This set will be donated to a battered women's shelter. I want it to be in solid shape. It likely will be used by kids for video games and the like.

Plan of action:
1. Check the solder connection at the IC;
2. Check the connection at the yokes;
3. Check the resistors (w/out a multimeter I will start by seeing if they are discolored or have cracks or chips)
4. If the above look good, I will:
4a. Order a new IC and resistors;
4b. Replace the IC and resistors.

I'm a newbie at this and reading through this thread is what lead to that plan of action. Does that sound reasonable?

Also, is it possible to confirm (in advance of opening up the set) the replacement resistor(s) and IC I may need?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Re: CRT based RPTV Convergence Repairs

Looks like a good plan.

Your post was moved to a new thread in the Mitsubishi forum to maintain forum organization. This makes information easier for others to find and the forums more useful. Let us know how the project goes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: CRT based RPTV Convergence Repairs

Thank you. If I want to "order the parts I may need in advance" of the repair to try and accomplish a "one shot" effort:

1) where can I download (willing to pay) for the service manual for this set?
2) how can I ID the specific ICs and resisters I may need?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts