21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Re: RE Audio SR15 Dual 2 ohm

Hi Mike,

I hope you are well.

I sold the lot which was a great shame. I have been looking at ebay every day and I can pick up a second hand EP2500 for around £125 each so I was hoping to get two for £250 which would be perfect as I could run the two subs independently but having not sold my current little Dali subs I have only been able to watch them sell. :hissyfit:

I keep trying to look at lots of drivers cheap and not so cheap to get the best. The RE drivers would have been ideal which would have mean I could have gone sealed which is what I would ideally like to do as I would like to get low too.

But that was the good thing about my 3 tune ported subs as I would get as low as 8hz with them in low tune no probs and this time around I would be running them 4 ohms instead of 2 ohms so I wouldn't suffer with heat probs like before.

Failing that I would at a single Inuke 6000 to run them both as this should give me around 1500 watts rms to 4 ohms stereo. I am not bothered about the dsp model as I am flat with my Dali subs and I have XT32 DSP on my onkyo 818 which seems to do a really good job.

I do find it a bit wierd that there are no builds using the Ascedent Audio drivers in ages which is strange.

regards

Graham

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts

There used to be. I could be wrong but I though most of the AA and FI guys worked together and they just made the FI an order online company and AA from dealers only. I think that has slightly changed now but I think thats how it was in the past.

You dont see many Inciminator Audio builds either but I am planning on getting a pair of those in the future towards Xmas. There are countless builds on youtube with those subs and Steve Meade has shown what most of their designs can do in a car. Home subs maybe not as many builds but car audio I have seen many threads.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

Inciminator Audio don't show their parameters on their website on a few models which is a shame. I did see some on another website and they modelled very similar to the XCON and Havoc drivers.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts

IA car subwoofers

IA said they can make me a home 21 which will have a lower Fs and keep Vas about the same. Either way I like their subs but have never seen a HT build yet.

Anyways......so Havocs still the budget winner or something else?

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

Will they give you a new set of parameters once they have amended them. That was something that FI couldn't give me which was off great concern.

35hz seems a tad high for the FS. I guess you could still get a decent model out of it though.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts

With an L/T cicuit and EQ you can do anything with a woofer with enough Xmax and power handling. SO Fs isn't such a huge ordeal but he said he could make the Fs whatever I needed. That being said the DP 21 is pretty close to the same SPL that I have with my IST 21's. But the DP's like a smaller box than the IST and thats why I liked them. I planned on dual opposed but didnt want to go higher than .84 for Q. BUT who knows what I will do. I have to save up for that project also.

SO dont want to derail your thread here are you still thinking of a single pair of Havoc 18's to start then add two more for dual opposed?

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thats the thing which surprised me about the havocs. They like big boxes but you can still slap a single driver in a 6-7 cu ft box no probs. So to have a dual 12-14 cu ft sealed either side in my living aint no different to what i had before. I should imagine even a pair of single sealed shoud still sound good.

The other thing with the havocs is th alignment in a sealed box is almost as good as the sp4 from fi.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts

So are you wanting a large box or whatever works?

I like small box sizes myself but it seems like you are not phased by it so it is not a worry.So if you had a dual opposed you would be looking at a 10cuft plus size box yes?

Seems like dual opposed with the Havocs are going to need a LOT of power. More like an EP2500 per woofer.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I problem is my ported subs in the mid tune sounded very clean indeed and to my ears sounded better than in sealed mode at the time. And take one port blocker out and bam I have single digits. Yes you cant compare in real life two single sealed to two ported but that was all I could do at the time. At the mo I have two subs which barely get down to 25hz so you can feel my pain. Lol.

The havocs in the low tune model much better than my old Q's which is good.

David you should me by now. I aint scared of big boxes. Im a one off here in the UK.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts

Ya I know. After chatting with Bosso for so long I just have dual opposed and under 6cuft in my head. Hence why he uses 15's.

I think the Havocs then should be the winner along with a good power amp. Get some real bass again. 25hz is for midbass.....lol

·
Registered
59 Posts

Just spotted this thread, interesting options I've not heard much about.

I have found some of the RE subs for sale, I can pick 4 of these up for £340.

I currently use a single FI SSD 18D2 in a 165 liter sealed enclosure, it sounds great but I want more.

I was just about to hit the go button on a second SSD but now I'm thinking I may be better going for 4 of the RE 15s instead? I would use 2 sealed cabinets, each containing 2 of the subs.

Opinions?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts