Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently using a spandex screen, but do missed my painted screen.

I will soon be going back to a painted screen, but this time with the Glidden 450.

Question. Can I re-use an already painted Sintra sheet that was previously painted with a neutral gray on one side and neutral white on the other? Do I need to prime it first?

I prefer not to spend another $60-$70 on a new sheet if possible.

Thanks

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Currently using a spandex screen, but do missed my painted screen.

I will soon be going back to a painted screen, but this time with the Glidden 450.

Question. Can I re-use an already painted Sintra sheet that was previously painted with a neutral gray on one side and neutral white on the other? Do I need to prime it first?

I prefer not to spend another $60-$70 on a new sheet if possible.

Thanks
I would re-use it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks mech.

i plan on repainting over the sherwin willliams extra white side with Glidden 450. do you foresee any issue? does it need to be primed?

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
thanks mech.

i plan on repainting over the sherwin willliams extra white side with Glidden 450. do you foresee any issue? does it need to be primed?
Personally, I would prime it since the SW ProClassic paint is smoother and more glossy than a flat paint; but I'm not saying it needs to be done. I'd just hate to paint the screen and then have it fail in some way. A friend of mine painted over a semi-gloss paint in a bathroom without re-priming and the new paint peeled off with the least provocation. :huh:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that sounds like a good step to do. don't want to invest in the paint and have it peel off too easily.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll definitely make a build thread and post pics when I get this going.

I went back and measured the dimensions of my old painted sintra screen, and I don't think it's going to work out.

My current spandex screen measured 64" high, which is around 130" diagonal.

My old Sintra sheet is only 48" high, or 98" diagonal.

I don't think I can go from a 130" screen back to a 100" screen.

I will probably end up buying a new sheet that is 5x10, to at least create a 120" screen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts