Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
2000 watts is three times what he can get to them. Since they are 4 ohms each the EP2500 can only hit them with 650 watts or so.

At that level and those size boxes I say go with the Mach 5 driver.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Pretty deep. The sub modeled at over 110db at 20hz and being a sealed design should only be down another 6db at 10hz (in theory).
How do you figure this? A sealed box rolls off at approximtely 12dB/octave below F3, which will be above 20Hz for a Maelstrom-X. So if you have 110dB at 20Hz, you should have about 12dB less at 10Hz, not accounting for room gain. I show that a sealed Maelstrom-X is 11dB lower at 10Hz vs. 20Hz.

Of course, if you're including room gain, then you figure may be right on, depending on the room. :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Due to my grandson going through the terrible twos I will be making these downfiring. How tall should the legs be? I have hardwood floors. Thanks...Sam..Happy Thanksgiving to all...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
I am going to order some cables from Monoprice today, any cables that I will need for the EQ and the amp, or even woofers to plate etc? Also, I may
go with the Mach 5 IXL 18"ers, what size should I make the holes? thanks...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
I have the first enclosure built ready to paint and the woofers are due tomorrow. I went with the Mach 5 18.2's. How should I wire these to the EP 2500? I see the guide at ED, but need to know which route to take. Thanks,,,Sam, oh, I have been taking pics and will upload them as soon as they are done.

Ah, what I mean is how do I wire the subs, Series or Parallel and 2 or 4 ohm?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have the first enclosure built ready to paint and the woofers are due tomorrow. I went with the Mach 5 18.2's. How should I wire these to the EP 2500? I see the guide at ED, but need to know which route to take. Thanks,,,Sam, oh, I have been taking pics and will upload them as soon as they are done.

Ah, what I mean is how do I wire the subs, Series or Parallel and 2 or 4 ohm?
Are they dual 4 ohm VC? If so, wire them in paralell and run the EP2500 in stereo. One driver per channel, that's how I'd do it..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Tick Tock Tick Tock..where are my drivers...sposed to be here yesterday..on the truck for delivery..have one done and ready to go...ended up at 4.9 cu ft. I hear a noise....brb...just the school bus.

I learned a ton on the first one..have good clamps is a must..and use bondo where needed. And a friend to help maneuver is a must.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
They have arrived, look at that baby...not my grand daughter ya know..

testP1000280.JPG

I am doing something wrong. No sound. Which switches should be flipped on the EP 2500 if I am only running one driver for now, and which way should I wire the speakers?

21 - 40 of 48 Posts