Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
Which driver are you using (Maelstrom X)??? ...What connection are you using???
Mach 5 18.2. It is working via a multimeter....I wired it for series. I have switches 6 and 7 on at the EP. No sound from the driver. Thanks. I also a, using a 1/4 adapter mono for the rca input.

Edit, it is working but I have to set the gain on both the EP and the AVR to about 1/2 way. Is this normal? Back to not working :(

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Those gain settings could very well be correct, but are you saying that you had no signal, then had a signal... and now you don't again? :dontknow: What changes did you make each time?

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
... it is working but I have to set the gain on both the EP and the AVR to about 1/2 way. Is this normal? Back to not working :(
I think gains are okay (my BKA 1000 is around 3/4) and gain on AVR is set to +2.0db) ...What I don't think is normal is that the sub works sometimes and sometimes don't....Did you check all connections??? ...maybe something is loose and doesn't make a good contact :huh:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Ok, it is in bridged mode now, 6-7 on, the gain is all the way up on EP, and about 1/2 on AVR. It finally works but I need to start tinkering with the EQ. I am confused as why the gains have to be set so high.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Look at my graph, ouch.
Did my first manual sweep, what on earth am I going to do with this?

****.jpg

Tinkered with placement and BFD.

bfd.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, I'm also building a similar 18.2.2. design but 22", I was just wondering how long have you run the sub for so far? Last decent sub once built, I put a LOT of power through it just to get it to move. We thought we had wired it up wrong as it was a DVC, after about 2 hours the output increased from nothing to something you could hear!
Eventually it's 135db or so but didn't sound much good until run in for 150/200hrs.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts