Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as I was thinking about how my mini dsp made the subwoofer sound horrible after the last run of rew. I was thinking that there was an issue with how rew was ran and connections used for measurement. I was connecting my laptop to the mini dsp that runs through a rolls mb15b to a sanway fp 14000 to a tc sounds lms ultra 5400 tuned to 16hz in a near field location that is behind the couch.

The mic used is a Omni mic setup pointing towards the couch at the subwoofer. At this point I am not sure witch way I should be pointing the mic as I am only worried about sub eq with dsp as the integration with the L,C,R and rear surrounds are being processed by the denon 3808ci. What I plan on doing next is running rew with the mic pointing towards the couch and keeping the sweep from 10hz to possibly 80hz depending on the null in the room that will affect my limit to a 6Db increase in the nulled areas. With this being used my sub volume was very low and my mains (Chane arx5c powered by a harmon kardon signature 2.1).

I haven't found a good starting point on mic direction when doing this. I am trying to tighten up the bass kick witch had improved after installing the fp14000 from the previous nu3000. Anyone have a good starting point or link to help with this as I would like to optimize my system to the best clarity and output. :hsd: Thanks for any input! :wave:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts