Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pioneer rear projection tv, model# sd-p5183. The tv does not warm up properly. It has been on for over an hour and the picture still is not right. It looks as though the color green is not coming through. Any ideas on what this could be and how to get the warm up time less?

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
First of all ... Welcome :wave:

I don't have any experience with TV repairs ... but I suggest you to start a thread here ... it will get more attention and suggestions.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I have a pioneer rear projection tv, model# sd-p5183. The tv does not warm up properly. It has been on for over an hour and the picture still is not right. It looks as though the color green is not coming through. Any ideas on what this could be and how to get the warm up time less?
Pioneer RPTVs are notorious for bad solder connections, which would be the first thing I would consider for a warm-up related problem. Your description, however, is not very clear. Is the problem that it takes a long time to warm up or that it never looks right? What does "the color green is not coming through" mean? Is it a gray scale problem or a color problem?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
.... when the picture does finally come in it looks great. So my question is how do I reduce the one hour warm up time? The color green not coming through is only when it is warming up. The picture looks as though everything is their except the color green.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I would start by doing some tests to see what is going on. I'd also look for bad solder connections, which are common in many areas of these sets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts