Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just p/u up this disc for my dad to give for fathers day.
It is a remake of The Wall done by the Bluegrass band Luther Wright and the Wrongs.

Yup, you heard that right...a blue grass cover of the wall.

Lets clarify two important parts:
I do not listen to country/bluegrass
I am a diehard Floyd fan

With that being said I must admit I throurghly enjoyed this disc! They didn't just re-record The Wall with banjos and rubber-bands...they completely reworked the music to fit the bluegrass/country genre...and they did it amazingly well.

I highly recomend this disc to any floyd or bluegrass fan. Seeing as my dad is both I think he will love it...

A side note, another Floyd cover I enjoy is Les Claypool's Frog Bridage, Live Set 2 (Animals in its entirety).

·
Moderator Emeritus
606 Posts
Re: ebuilding the Wall - Luther Wright and The Wrongs

I once knew this guy who was a big Pink Floyd fan and a Hillbilly. If I could remember who... :whistling:

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Re: Rebuilding the Wall - Luther Wright and The Wrongs

He's on the dark side of the moon. :bigsmile:

Sounds like an interesting album. I like some types of bluegrass... Soggy Bottom Boys, GrooveGrass Boyz, Rollin' In The Hay, etc.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Rebuilding the Wall - Luther Wright and The Wrongs

I thought you might be a floyd fan sonnie!
If you want I can send you an mp3 of one of the tracks...

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Actually I've listened to several of the clips at CDNow/Amazon... I'm kinda on the fence, but I wanna let my wife hear some of the samplings and see what she thinks. We may order it... it's only about 8-9 bucks.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Sounds more like a novelty CD. Somewhat disturbing. Might just get a used to copy to try it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts