Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an Epson 6500. I want to throw a small screen (84" dig). The theater area has very dark walls and can be used as a cave or for general viewing. Right now Im throwing onto a 4 year old DIY screen of painted plexi. What formulas should I consider with what trade offs? Thanks

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Welcome to the Shack Doug! :T

You've got more than enough lumens for Black Widow. But you don't want that dark of a gray though, right? My W5000 has less lumens than you and does fine with BW. What are you using now?

If you don't want BW, we can get you set up as a beta tester for either the new N8 or if you willing to wait a week or so, the N8.5. But you have to give us a lot of pictures! ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My current screen is white mix from AVS Mississippi Man on AVS. Its pretty neutral but I want to move on. I'd be delighted to try the new mixes. I'm not a huge fan of the grey screens as I like a lot of pop and I've always found the greys seem to dull the image. I love how you are actually doing this development in a scientific fashion. I'd love to be part of this. I use HFCR and a Eye 1 to cal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have display 2/lt. I have CalMan and HCFR. Im using a DVDO Edge to gen the cal patterns. This is the first projector that I have owned with a full CMS so I'm having fun dialing it in. Its the best HD I have ever owned. I'm interested in both the 8 and 8.5 solutions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, Here is another post. Has anyone done testing to compare the DIY paints to the major commercial vendors materials as a direct head/head? I continue to really be impressed by the amount of effort the community has gone to including the all measurement data.

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Ok, Here is another post. Has anyone done testing to compare the DIY paints to the major commercial vendors materials as a direct head/head? I continue to really be impressed by the amount of effort the community has gone to including the all measurement data.
No. And I won't be. The commercial folks have been kind enough to send us their stuff to test and review. So we've agreed to not do any direct comparisons.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts