Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello!

I'm deciding to buy Onkyo TX-SR805 Receiver.

As i live in europe, i found on internet, that if i buy Receiver in USA (which would be a lot cheaper), i could meet:
1) power supply problem (could be solved with transformer)
and
2) FM frequency stepping differences (could be solved, simple not using receiver radio, or by buying some external radio).

I wonder, are there any other problems i could meet?

Also i need some information about USA version of Onkyo TX-SR805 handling with PAL system.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Shack,

You say that buying the 805 in the US is cheaper however once you factor in shipping it to you and the cost of getting a good sized transformer for the power conversion are you sure your still better off buying it from the US?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The price range here for TX-SR805 is 1758 -2400 USD :)

It's definitely cheaper to buy it in USA. (delivery would cost at most 200 bucks.)

·
Banned
3,807 Posts
Wow, yeah. Buy it in the US.

I'm not familiar with your video standards. Do you run 50hz on your displays? If so, the US version's scaler may not like that.

Perhaps, buying from another European country?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My TV runs at 100Hz, but i don't want to risk that much, ill the receiver in UK.

Anyway, if somebody knows the real differences between USA/EU receivers, please post here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, i've found on the Onkyo web site, one company that represents Onkyo here in Latvia.

I've called them and asked the question about USA/EU technical differences.

They coul'd say anything else, then: "you can buy it where ever you want, it will be your problems" :explode:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Separate company (Exclusive Onkyo Distributor in Latvia).

That company is not well known here, may be that's the reason ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts