Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased a Samsung hlp5663w 56" DLP off of craigslist and after bringing it home I found it has this black line on the left. The picture looks great and the bulb has ~1800 hours on it along with a color wheel that was replaced last year. I tried going into the service menu to see if there is some settings I could change but I don't really know what I am doing. It seems like the projector gun is slightly off and is cutting the picture off on the right by a inch or two. Here is some pictures to illustrate the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again!

Julian

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tried to link the pics but I don't have enough posts. Is it possible for me to PM them to someone and have them post them?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Just make a few posts. We have post padding threads if you must.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Looks like the image is shifted. Did someone change the light tunnel or the DLP chip and not align it properly?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
It depends on what needs to be aligned. There are lots of possible causes. It could be electronic or mechanical.

·
Registered
730 Posts
To me it looks like someone didn't aline the video like someone may of removed and put back in the dlp chip. You can go into the service menu and see if you can move the video to the left. I did it before on one that wasn't alined right. with the tv powered off. On the remote press Mute 1 8 2 power in order. After it comes up there is an area to move the screen up and down and left and right.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It really depends on what the problem actually is. Something like this isn't the "normal" failure coming into a repair shop.

I would tend to quote that on the high side simply because that isn't a problem that just happens. Someone probably had a DLP chip failure and tried a DIY repair, but didn't know how to do it without moving the DMD board. But all of this is speculation, and in no way a diagnosis of your TV.

Jim

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
This shouldn't be more than an hour of labor from someone to fix right?
I would not assume that at all. It could be, but it could also be very time consuming and tedious if it is in the alignment of the light tunnel. The problem is that it is very hard to know without looking at it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts