Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm selling a VERY lightly used Reckhorn B-1 (used only a few days until I realized I needed a BFD instead).

Reckhorn B-1

Asking $85 plus actual shipping.
Curious as to why this would not do the trick? I was looking at getting one of these along with my Behringer 2500. Is there any reason these two would not work together? IF not, then I too would be interested.

·
Registered
113 Posts
the reckhorn b1 only has one band of eq so you can only boost one frequency.
The BFD on the other hand has plenty of eq bands but no ability to set a high pass filter below @20 hz.
I , personally , would not use both units together in the signal chain. There are apt to be noise problems and certainly gain matching problems as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the reply, Rightbrained.

However, I think he's asking if there are issues when using the EP2500 and the B-1 together, not all three (at least that's the way I took it). Using the B-1 with the EP2500 works fine, but like Rightbrained mentioned, the B-1 has much less control when compared to the BFD. I didn't mind losing the high pass filter when I switched to the BFD, so I've been much happier with it. Having said that, if your response is fairly clean, the B-1 might be all you need to tame a single spike or dip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.