Does it still work perfectly?

Any good-to-know info about this model?

Thanks,

Jon

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sold off my DIY sub for parts, this is the last part left. It works great and does not show any wear. The unit is really perfect for anyone who wants a HPF for a ported sub and/or to boost the signal for a pro amp and also includes a LPF and single band parametric EQ. For the price this is an amazing unit. I just have no use for it and went as cheap on the price as I can justify in my mind without just keeping it for the future.

One thing to note is that the reckhorn power chord is to short so for most application I spliced it but I used a soldering iron and shrink wrap to return it to normal length. The shrink wrap is less than 1cm down by the plug and black to match the chord. I suspect most users would need to cut extend the chord as well. I would be willing to do this for but I am no more skilled than most.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply.

Why'd you sell you sub?

Did you just buy a 2 male RCA to XLR cord to input into the Behringer?

Yea, I've read that people have extended the cord because they are short. No problems with it? Fire hazard? haha

Also, I was wondering if the knobs are a continuous dial or are there like notches or places to stop at each frequency?
- the manual just says subsonic frequency 7 (o'clock)=12Hz 8=25Hz etc...
- 12-25Hz seems like a big jump so I wondered if there is a middle point like 18Hz? or if they are set notched. Does that make sense?

Thank for the help!

Jon

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will say that the dials are the only feature I did not love. I counted clicks (they are delicate clicks but they are there) and noticed that each dial had different numbers of clicks and different ratios on each side of 12 noon. That small inconvenience is worth it though because the unit is 110% silent, no lights, built like a tank and affordable. As far as the splicing - I feel the work was done properly but i did it for minimal cosmetic effect. I did use electrical tape and solder with shrink wrap over it. If the buyer prefers I could re-do it in a way that is less cosmetic but possibly more secure with a layer of shrink wrap over each +/- and then one over the two combined. Personally I would just wait and lengthen it to your needs, it is a VERY low voltage piece of equipment so standard procedures should be safe

For cables I used a sub cable to an y-splitter in l/r then a y splitter out l/r to a rca-xlr adapter cable.

I spent some good money getting the shortest versions I could find so I could set it up like it is in the picture, Finding short cables was harder than finding long ones but I wanted it neat.

I could detail the cables and include those in a total price for you if you like.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok that helps, it sounds like it has frequencies in-between each o'clock position listed in the manual. I think that makes it increasingly more valuable.

This may be a stupid question, but could I just run an extension cord from the box?

I'm sure it's fine, doesn't seem like the most difficult process.

I just searched for cables and found a 1ft white/red RCA to XLR for pretty cheap, but thanks for the offer.

I'm definitely close to purchasing, I'll let you know asap. Thanks for your help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.