Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
Simon..It depends on which State you're in..
Most Furniture stores these days, carry a range of recliners ranging from relatively cheap to rediculously expensive..
Some also have chairs specifically for HT..
Any of the larger discount stores should be able to show you a range..

I bought these from LeCornu in Adelaide..for less than $400.00 each

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I stumbled across this website the other day and thought I would post incase others had a similar question.

http://www.integralfurniture.com.au/

It looks like they don't sell direct to the public, but you should be able to get them through HarveyNorman, Domayne etc. Not sure on prices.

They have a configuration page where you can basically get any sort of combination you like.

Cheers,

Simon

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
which chairs did you end up buying?

I saw those chairs at Harvey Norman that you posted a link for and they were going for about 750 a chair. They usually sell them in groups but at the time they were going for 4 chairs @ $3000. I imagine you could talk them down to 2500 but who knows.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
I dont know what your budget is but I found a company here in Australia that I will probably buy from when I am ready.

They have cinema chairs and after chatting with the guy to figure out prices and dimensions he seemed pretty reasonable.

I was thinking of just using 3 recliners and 4 cinema style chairs for my HT.

BUT that being said the chairs I mentioned wont be cheaper the Prof's he found.

The recliner cost $795 for manual and $895 for the electric version. The cinema style chairs cost is $345 and $445 for the leather version.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey Simon,

I use the Integral Furniture chairs, and although quite expensive, they are very comfortable. If they are the style of chair you're after give then a call for resellers in your area.

Good luck

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks Minty,

I called them a while back and they didn't really have anyone in or around the Canberra region. I think i'll have to go to Sydney to check them out. Which model do you have?

Cheers,
Simon
Off hand I think they're the Oscar range, mine are around 5years old now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks Minty

They look great!

Is that a little bass trap in the corner of the room?

Cheers,
Simon
Thanks, yes some foam treatments which do help a little.

I also have them at the first reflection point, plus using both the Audyssey Sound EQ and SVS EQ I feel I have most of the room issues under reasonable control.

I realise there are better solutions around, but so far I'm more than happy with the results.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there guys,
I was just reading the forum and i have read what Lance505 said about Siekaup. I have, recently, got some German furniture at their store at Crows Nest, I was impressed at the furniture the moment i stepped inside. They also have reclining chairs and sofa, I just thought that maybe you should check it out.
furnitureluver

1 - 19 of 19 Posts