Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Cool Brother....Thanks for the info....Sonnie is an old friend of mine and its one of the ones he recommended I'm pretty sure you guys know what you are talking about....I kinda jumped the gun on the receiver

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Here is a dumb question whats the difference between the TX-NR3007 and the 3008....why do they do the model numbers like this why not the 1 the 1.1,1.2,1.3,1.4 and so on

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Here is a dumb question whats the difference between the TX-NR3007 and the 3008....why do they do the model numbers like this why not the 1 the 1.1,1.2,1.3,1.4 and so on
Scott,
As I have owned both, I can definitely help you on this one. The main differences between the two are the 3007 is HDMI 1.3 and the 3008 is HDMI 1.4, the 3008 offers Audyssey MultEQ XT32/SubEQ HT, and the 3008 also offers some more controls via the On Screen Display.

The Chassis and Amplifier Stage are identical, and so on. If 3D is of little to no importance to you, the 3007 well might be worth considering. XT32/SubEQ HT is a major upgrade due to the greatly enhanced Filtering. Especially if using dual subwoofers as SubEQ HT is amazing when it comes to integrating 2 subwoofers.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Its a TX-NR3008 with another Empire....now all I need is $2500....lol....Thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
You can actually get a 3008 from Accesories4less for around $1000 from Accessories4less. It is Refurbished, but you can get an Extended Warranty from Onkyo directly to extend it to 3 Years as opposed to the 1 Year that AC4L offers on Onkyo B-Stocks.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Cool...It will come before the sub... Receiver, 2nd Empire, then 4) NHT M5's for surround...then im done

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Cool...It will come before the sub... Receiver, 2nd Empire, then 4) NHT M5's for surround...then im done
You are never done! You might think you are done, but it never ends. But seriously, that sounds like an excellent plan Scott.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Considering I had nothing but 2 front stage DIY speakers 2 weeks ago I've already made tremendous strides...its nice to be back in the game...lol

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Well I have everyting I bought set up in the apartment...lol....I really need to find a house soon....This is probably a bit much for my room size. Just thought i would post some pics

The NHT VC-3 is spectacular.....couldnt be more pleased

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Very nice. A House would definitely provide you with more breathing room, but I am sure you can enjoy it now.
Hopefully, you have thick walls and accommodating neighbors.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Well Its been fine so far they have been out of town...but yes its very nice I had forgotten what nice clean quality sound was and its kind of funny.... I mean I know what i wanted but its kind of like if you dont do something every day you lose touch with how to do it or what its like. I am very happy so far but I can already feel the want for change....the other Epik is out of the question until I find a house so I have to decide on a reciever or the M5's Im thinking of selling the Super One's. I have 7 of them All in very nice shape

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Hey Scott... good to see you found your way onto the forum and are getting some good recommendations.

I would definitely shoot for one of the receivers with the XT32 and Sub EQ HT. As Jack already eluded to, any of these receivers with these particular Audyssey features are going to have a good amp section and you shouldn't need to spend extra for separates unless you end up with speakers that need more power.

After upgrading the receiver, then shoot for that extra Empire... well maybe a house would be the wiser choice first. I did not realize you were in an apartment, which is going to obviously limit you to what you can do.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Yeah Sonnie.....Just moved out of my house on 87 a month ago.... My Fiancé' and I are looking for a house now just haven't found what we wanted....Gotta hold off on the other empire until I find one

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Well Its been fine so far they have been out of town...but yes its very nice I had forgotten what nice clean quality sound was and its kind of funny.... I mean I know what i wanted but its kind of like if you dont do something every day you lose touch with how to do it or what its like. I am very happy so far but I can already feel the want for change....the other Epik is out of the question until I find a house so I have to decide on a reciever or the M5's Im thinking of selling the Super One's. I have 7 of them All in very nice shape
Hello,
As you already have quality speakers, I would get an AVR. You could sell two of them and put the proceeds towards getting a better AVR.

As for AVR's, when the Onkyo TX-NR809 is On Sale, I honestly cannot think of a better all around AVR for the money. Places like Newegg sell them for as little as $649 and the MSRP is $1199. Excellent Amplifier Stage, utterly top notch Video Processing (HQV Vida and Marvell Qdeo run in tandem), THX Post Processing, Audyssey MultEQ XT, and much, much more.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Yes but does the 809's amplifier go to 11.....jk......So the main diffrence in the 809 and the 3008 is the sub EQ?

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
The main difference I can think of between the 809 and 3008 is the addition of XT32 which includes the sub EQ. XT32 also has more resolution in all channels. It is the most advanced version of Audyssey available until you step up to a receiver that allows Audyssey Pro but that is more advanced and requires a Audyssey Pro kit which I am not sure would be worth the expense.

Since you are going to forego the second Empire right now I would invest a little more and get the 3008 so you don't have to wonder what if.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Thanks Guys,
Im working on it....I just hate to buy the 809 and wish i would have gotten the 3008...I am not going to buy another TV until I get a house as well....with the rear channels not handling that much information and the Super Ones ability to handle it, I think the money upgrade will be the reciever (3008). I have 3 additional NHT Super Ones and my current reciever I can sell to build some cash and forgo getting the NHT M5's for the time being (they just look awesome and would match so well...lol). Nevermind, it Im trading it all in on 7 Sparkomatic 6x9's and a Fultron 1000 watt eq/amplifier set up in igloo coolers in the proper locations around the room with 12v car battery to set the tv on.

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
The differences between the 2 is more than just SubEQ HT as the 3008 also employs Audyssey MultEQ XT32 which offers far greater Filter Processing on the Loudspeakers in addition to the Subwoofers. In addition, the 3008 is a 9 Channel AVR, meets THX Ultra2 Plus Certification which is a far stricter criteria, and as a corollary to this has a much larger Chassis and stronger Amplifier Stage.

While few can accommodate a 9.1 or 9.2 HT, it does allow you to Bridge or Biamp the Mains while still running either DSX and or SBL or SBR Channels.

The 809 does offer slightly better Video Processing by virtue of the HQV Vida and Marvell Qdeo tandem, but I still find HQV Reon to be quite satisfactory. I also like the new Industrial Design of the x09 Series and that Onkyo has seemed to turn down the Bias of the Amplifier Stage resulting in cooler running AVR's. All the same the only AVR I would rather have than my 3008 would be a 3009 or 5009 as I find XT32/SubEQ HT to be astonishingly good.
Cheers.
JJ

21 - 40 of 80 Posts