Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm choosing between the following for TC-2000 LLT (STILL working on it!!)

EP2500 or Mackie FRS 2800, any ideas / comments? Maybe a different amp recommendation?

Thanks all

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I have the ep 2500 and the mackie 2500 and I use the ep for my sub. To me it was a better choice because it didn't work as hard as the Mackie seemed to and I would rather have the headroom.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The FRS is a new amp, lightweight @ 22pounds. Don't know if i should just go for the EP2500 or wait for the new amp

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mackie FR2500 and Tapco J-2500 are the same amp under the covers. The Mackie sells for more, but it's the same thing. Take a look at the owner's manuals and inside pictures.

Compared to the Behringer EP2500 the Mackie and Tapco have bigger caps and bigger torroids. They are all close copies of the QSC RMX 2450. :whistling:

Here's a picture of the QSC RMX 2500, Behringer EP2500 and Tapco J-2500, they are labelled as to what they are.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
FWIW, It's been stated that one of the factories that made product for LOUD inc ( Mackie, EAW, Tapco, ) in China closed. The Mackie FR and Tapco J series amps were made in this factory ( according to my dealer ) and are no longer produced.

You may be able to get a killer deal on them as being discontinued, as I did. :bigsmile:

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have recently seen advertised on Parts express their 1000 wat sub amp for a pretty reasonable price. I also have a behringer amp and it has served me well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts