Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am new to the forum and have just finished our HT. I am connecting a HTPC to the projector - I have DVI and VGA available on the video card. Which would you recommend - VGA to VGA on the projector or DVI to HDMI on the Projector? Distance ~ 25'.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
While DVI to HDMI adapter cables are more expensive than VGA cables, I would think you would get a better signal from your DVI output which is compatible with HDMI through such an adapter cable.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I agree with Jay, Going with the DVI to HDMI is the best choice as you will have far less problems with the dreaded HDCP handshake.

·
Registered
115 Posts
agreed, dvi to hdmi, i have the same setup in our theater and it works great
you can find very reasonable cables online, monoprice / bluejeans / pacificcable all come to mind

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Since your in Canada it will be cheaper to simply get it from here Unless you can get it locally for about the same. I have the exact same cable and its very good quality 33' long You will pay more after shipping for the cables from the US due to boarder fees.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the cable suggestions! I connected the DVI to HDMI on the Pj and it works great.
Purchased a DVI to HDMI connector and HDMI Cable locally.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts