Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need something, processor or eq, that has a subsonic filter. i need to set a subsonic filter at about 20hz so a subsonic filter that is not able to reach down in the low frequencies would be useless in my case. i am only needing the subsonic filter function and nothing else. what do most ppl use? and i'd really prefer something that is the cheapest but wont make me regret buying it.

ps. if this is the wrong section to post this question, plz move it to the right section mods. thank you.

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
Moved to Home Theater Components.

I don't know of any unit that is just an add on subsonic filter. There is the Reckhorn B1 from Creative Sound Solutions that has a variable subsonic filter so you can tailor it to your needs. It also does bass boost up to 12 dB, has adjustable bass boost frequency and a adjustable high cut filter. $110 shipped.

http://www.reckhorn.com/index.php?ln=en&prod=b1

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How is that compared to ED's eQ.2?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but when i try to add the product to the cart, it sends me to another site in a different language.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i trust your advice because someone recommended me to join here and talk to you, but i'd really like to hear about the other product as well, the eQ.2. over at cixi, they praise the product but they could just be bias. if i ordered the reckhorn from canada, is there any customs fees? or is it just 100 dollars flat?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea, i came across that too but i dont know what to think about it tho. lol. still indecisive.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well just getting back about this, and i bought the eQ.2 from a local person for 20 discount. the product worked just exactly for what i need. however, the auto turn-on feature is weak. its slow response makes listening to movies not worth getting it. have to turn it on when i turn on my sub amp so i dont really care to use the auto-on feature.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Behringer ep1500. there is no problem with it. like i said before, its just the auto-on feature is badly made because it turns on slower than when the bass actually hits and when there is no bass, for example in a quiet scene, the sub makes a note before auto turning off. i think they should have fixed that before selling it or scrap the idea.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Definitely check out your options. Not sure of the customs fees. Contact Bob At Creative Sound and he'll tell you what you need to know.

http://www.creativesound.ca/contact.html
I've tried the Arts Clean Box and the Reckhorn B-1 and only used the Arts Box for 2 minutes before I decided it didn't have what I needed. Per Mike P.'s suggestion, I ordered the B-1 from CSS and it has so much to offer and is a well engineered piece of German engineering. The controls feel very high quality and the machined case is impressive. The bass and music is even better. I have some comments about it on my website. www.speakerhobby.com. Check my subwoofer page for more details. It cost me about $85 bucks from CSS and was shipped out of Washington State so no customs delay and I received very fast shipping. Bob at CSS is an awesome fellow too with very prompt emails.

I wouldn't have anything else controlling my bass but the B-1.

Mike

Attachments

·
Banned
1,131 Posts
If you are looking for the highest quality, most functional option and are willing to spend more money to get it, then there is no superior option compared to the DCX2496.

Not only will the DCX2496 work as a highpass filter, it will also act as a fully customizable equalizer with as many equalization bands as you could ever need. Also, the DCX will allow proper integration of your subwoofer and mains which is impossible to do with a receiver. Lastly, since you are using a pro amp there is one other plus side, the DCX has variable gain which would allow you to adjust the gain to make up for the difference between pro/home equipment.

Of course, the DCX2496 is substantially more expensive than the other units suggested, but it has far more uses.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well if i knew i could get the b1 for 85 dollars then i wouldnt have gotten this eQ.2 for 80. but i wouldnt have known what type of product it was if i didnt get it. now, i know. lol. i mean it does serve the purpose i need it for so im okay. if it ever messes up, i know what i would get next time. thanks for the comments.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts