Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What are some movies to watch with the buttkicker .I just watched transformers and mission impossible 3 and I got to say it was an experience.please tell me your other movies worth watching with the buttkicker

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
What are some movies to watch with the buttkicker .I just watched transformers and mission impossible 3 and I got to say it was an experience.please tell me your other movies worth watching with the buttkicker
First of all ... Welcome :wave:

Here is a small list of Movies with Bass you'll find them around the middle of the page (Question # 9) :yes:

My favorites besides Transformers: U571, Master nad Commander, Star Wars I (pod race), Top Gun, Die Hard 4 (last one) ... just to mention a few.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks salvasol ill try some of these out .I was just wondering where you set your high cut off frequency at.Also i have found out that i have to put more power to the amp on some movies .

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
... I was just wondering where you set your high cut off frequency at.Also i have found out that i have to put more power to the amp on some movies .
If I recall correctly ... low cut off switch in the off position; then High cut off in the on position ... mine is set at 60Hz or 70Hz (can't recall exactly) and the volume is less than half (I think is just one third) :scratchhead:

If you have to adjust the volume I assume is because the movie doesn't have a lot of bass (I felt that sometimes, there's some movies that you can really feel the bass :yay:)

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
U571 will give your buttkickers a good workout.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Spiderman 3 (where the flying skateboard??? appears was something :yes:)

What about Transformers??? ... War of the Worlds??? :bigsmile:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok just watched Star Trek: Insurrection wasn’t the best movie but the **** kickers made the movie way better .allot of explosions

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Ok just watched Star Trek: Insurrection wasn’t the best movie but the **** kickers made the movie way better .allot of explosions
Do you want to experience a :yay: effect??? ... look at Finding Nemo; the scene where the girl tap the tank :yes: ... then tell me about it :bigsmile:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I don't have a buttkicker, but I'm guessing that WOTW 2 the sequal would get the buttkickers going, as well as entertaining a good laugh or two.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
WOTW 2??? ... Is that movie coming out??? :dontknow:
I'm not sure when it came out but it was a very funny low budget film I saw. When it started I had to turn down my subwoofers because of loud tripods. The bass was not real low but very powerful, somewhere near 50Hz probobly. The movie features an abandon air force bass with magical planes, a spaceship that looks like a warehouse (I kid not they run out of a back door of a warehouse that is the spaceship), cars driving by the set in the middle of the supposed end of the world, and it gets better. The leading actor also has this face of concern the entire film. :sneeky:

·
Registered
414 Posts
I would say even a SD version of Lion King has some great bass scenes. The beginning where you have elephants walking. Overall not alot of bass, but some good scenes where it gets real low.

Also, Black hawk down for Blu Ray, Hitman had so much bass it actually blew my dads sub.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just watched Valkyrie last night and that first scene was intense. To bad the rest of the movie had little base but that first 3 min was amazing with the butt kickers and my surround sound.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts