Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Banned
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,

I thought I might as well make my first post here and to introduce myself at the same time, been into this hobby for a good few years now and spent huge amounts of money, but what a great hobby it is :T

here is my humble setup...

46" Samsung 1080p LCD HDTV
Arcam FMJ AV888 Processor
Rotel RMB-1575 5 channel Power amp
3 x M&K S150's LCR
2 x M&K CS29's for surrounds
1 x M&K MX5100SF for sub duties
Cyrus CD8SE
Oppo BDP-83 for BluRay
4.5tb HTPC
PCH A110 with 1tb HDD fitted.
Panasonic PT-AE3000 Projector
Beamax 92" Screen

Look forward to chatting to all you other AV holics :wave:

sub1.jpg

avrack2.jpg

sub4.jpg

cs29-1.jpg

4.jpg

IMG00013-20091007-1142.jpg

cyrus 1.jpg

cyrus 2.jpg

IMG00069-20091222-1905.jpg

IMG00067-20091221-1549.jpg

pj1.jpg

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hi John, Welcome to the Shack,
As per the forum rules you must have 5 posts befor you can post a photo on this site. Use our post padding thread to aceive this faster if you wish.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Looking forward to see your pics.

I have been a member for over a year now and spent all of my time reading, researching and spending money. Here soon I will begin posting pics of my theater build and speaker setup.

You have joined a great group of people with a huge wealth of knowledge.

Welcome aboard.

·
Banned
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys, just figured that out ref to posting of URL's, but have managed to upload them as a couple of attachements for now, will have a good read through some more threads and catch up on some of the other setups here :)

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Looking good!:T

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Nice set up! A Xbox 360 user, huh? Me too.

I think you'll be pleased by the Onkyo Pre/Pro. I have the Integra equivalent and it is serving me very well!

Oh, and welcome to The Shack!

·
Banned
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice set up! A Xbox 360 user, huh? Me too.

I think you'll be pleased by the Onkyo Pre/Pro. I have the Integra equivalent and it is serving me very well!

Oh, and welcome to The Shack!
cheers Jon, yep still like the video games also !

Onkyo make some great kit and give the other brands a good run for there money, looking at getting the PRO Audyssey kit too for the 886...

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I thought about the Pro kit for my Integra also... I still do... but I am torn between that and just waiting to get the next upgraded Integra Pre/Pro.

·
Banned
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought about the Pro kit for my Integra also... I still do... but I am torn between that and just waiting to get the next upgraded Integra Pre/Pro.
I love what Audyssey can do for the sound, it seems the sensible option and not too costly either, it may not have the full power that the standalone unit has but very close to it.

I have used a BFD and Velodyne SMS1 in the past and also Meridian Room EQ on a G68 that I had but IMO Audyssey really is the best solution to date for accurate room EQ...

·
Banned
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I ended up changing my mind when going for a new processor, and actually ended up getting the new Arcam AV888, here are a couple of pics of my new unit...just need a new PJ now and thats me done for a while :whistling:

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
That's a mighty fine looking unit, Recruit!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Still running break-in on the unit? I'm really curious how it sounds. You know, looking at the Arcam unit, I really, REALLY like the look of it. Less IS more for me. I actually don't care for volume knobs on my unit and tons of buttons, like my Integra has. I would love to be able to afford the 888, but that's not likely a possibility right now.

·
Banned
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Still running break-in on the unit? I'm really curious how it sounds. You know, looking at the Arcam unit, I really, REALLY like the look of it. Less IS more for me. I actually don't care for volume knobs on my unit and tons of buttons, like my Integra has. I would love to be able to afford the 888, but that's not likely a possibility right now.
Yes it was only taken out of the box on friday, but have been running it more or less constantly since then, with a few hours sleep :rubeyes:

I have just been listening to Roger Waters "The Wall" on SACD and the sound is stunning, it really is a very very nice bit of kit, the bass is so powerful and I have never heard my M&K's sound this good...I am going to put a mini review together and post it here, also had the AVR600 for a couple of weeks but it has gone back as it was only temporary until the AV888 turned up, but will try and give my thoughts on both units :)

1 - 20 of 75 Posts