Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my latest contribution to the environment. Built from old scrap wood consisting of 3/4 plywood cabinet doors (top, bottom, sides), two layers of 1/2" plywood on back and two layers 1/2" LDF with an additional finish 1/2" plywood face on front. Stuffed them with old bed pillows and after several coats of primer followed by several more coats of black satin enamel I have to say it turned out better than expected. Will be driven by a Behringer nu3000dsp.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
That is one gorgeous collection you have there. :T

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
And...? :huh:

How does it SOUND, man!? You can't leave us hanging just looking at pics of that gorgeous driver! I didn't think that the whole "worthless without pics" thing could work in reverse, but here I am, asking for more words. :) Let us know your listening impressions of the big guy when you have a moment.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And...? :huh:

How does it SOUND, man!? You can't leave us hanging just looking at pics of that gorgeous driver! I didn't think that the whole "worthless without pics" thing could work in reverse, but here I am, asking for more words. :) Let us know your listening impressions of the big guy when you have a moment.
It is part of a secondary basement system used primarily for movies and games where the priority is quantity. That said it sounds pretty good!. I have not taken the time to measure and equalize it just yet and I have only watched two movies (Pompeii and King Kong). One thing that did surprise me a little was the ability of its little brother (UM15-22 in the last picture) to stay with the larger sub. That may change after I take some measurements and set things up better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts