Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love action and my wife goes to bed relatively early. I would like to only use my center at night for tv watching. I have a Yamaha TRS brand new. Pleas help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So sorry! It is a Yamaha TSR 7850. New line at Costco. The center is ML motion 30. My assumption is I can EQ down the bass but not sure how low the bass will go for the weeknight viewing. The center speaker is great but not nearly as much thump and would be ideal for weeknight viewing. Thank you for helping. Really is appreciated inspite of the typos.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My wife hated my SVS sub at night when she was trying to sleep even with everything turned down. Finally, one night I got up to use the bathroom, and I noticed that there was a huge base boost in the hallway next to the bedroom door. I put the microphone in the hallway.and did a frequency sweep and discovered a huge spike centered around 31hz. I don't quite remember but it was something like 12db. I had to turn the Q up and the gain on the parametric almost all the way up to calm it down. It is a very narrow spike.

The living room has a peaked celling with the hallway directly below it. Any more at night, I just turn off the amp and listen to the TV speakers.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts