Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

my HT is now finished (see pic).

Using my behringer I managed to greatly equalize and improve the bass response.

I now have a very decent curve with good decay times from 30Hz and up...

However, the REW waterfall plot shows problems below 30Hz, with decay times around and above 700ms. (And one nasty one at 18Hz of 1s!)

How can I reduce those? All bass traps seem to be working above that area...

Thanks,

wouter

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
At 18 and 30Hz, you're really not going to be able to do much to the decay time. Even tuned absorbers have issues down that low and can cause their own problems. About the only thing that could work would be some sealed panel resonators. They'll be big and thick but could help at 30.

If you're EQ'ing around 30Hz, it's possible that the EQ could be making the ringing worse.

Bryan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Agreed. Tuning such things can makes unwanted bulges in other areas. You can't equalize your way out of mechanical limits.

Very sleek setup though. Very nice.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hi Daxie,

If you don't mind me asking, who designed your room ? What kind of treatment did you use ? It looks like you're using some kind of suede covering. It looks great. Just want to know what went into the room.

Thanks.

Regards,

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Daxie,

If you don't mind me asking, who designed your room ? What kind of treatment did you use ? It looks like you're using some kind of suede covering. It looks great. Just want to know what went into the room.

Thanks.

Regards,
hi Vaughan. Euh, designed, me and my wife I suppose :)

The wall covering is not suede, it is actually just paintable wall paper.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would fill the walls with glass wool, and let the glass wool work like basstraps. It takes a lot of time but I think it might solve the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts