Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been looking at the Denon x4000 for the past month. I have found that I can purchase it factory refurbished for almost half.

New Refurbished
x4000 $1,299 $799

Would like to know what everyone's view and experience is with refurbished receivers.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
503 Posts
I usually buy my electronics refurbished. I haven't had issues with my refurb onkyo that is a year old and I bought my brother a refurb Denon a year and a half ago without issues. I also have an Epson 3010 refurb and a Dell and Lenovo Laptops both refurb as well. FWIW

·
Super Moderator
9,252 Posts
Generally I’ve had good luck with factory refurbs and B-stock, including Dell laptops and some home electronic gear. The only exception is the Tivo refurb’d DVRs we bought a couple of years ago when we cancelled DirecTV: One of them died late last year, but the other is still going. However, DVRs are high-casualty items anyway, as the hard drive runs 24-7. I wouldn’t have any qualms about something like a AVR that doesn’t have any moving parts.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
512 Posts
Agreed with the above. Many refurbished units were just returns, nothing really wrong except somebody changed their mind. They go through factory QC, and carry a warranty, some as good as a new warranty. But they cannot be sold as new, so the prices are reduced and called "refurbished". Others have had minor issues. In general, AVRs that have problems in-warranty are not replaced, they're repaired, so they never hit the refurb market. I don't have conclusive evidence, but I do think a good part of refubs are just returns or exchanges.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
And the best part of all is our sponsor, A4Less offers a 5 year warranty for $50. That's better than brand new from the factory!!! Now how do you top that!

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Agree also with all the above. I've bought several items from accessories4less and not one of them has had any issues.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And the best part of all is our sponsor, A4Less offers a 5 year warranty for $50. That's better than brand new from the factory!!! Now how do you top that!
do we get any kind of discount since they are a sponsor of this site, and I see a 5yr warranty for $90.00

1 - 7 of 7 Posts