Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been playing with REW for a while. I have a pair of speakers and rel strata sub, also a dac and integrated amp. I can only use the high level pass filter with the sub. All the forums seem to talk only about integration of subs with amps that have lpf filters. That isn't practical for me or recommended by Rel. I'm wondering what is the best way to go about measuring and filtering the system and integrating the sub. Do I always run measurements of the left or right speaker with the sub connected and filter for each channel with the sub included or should I measure the 2 speakers with the sub altogether and filter the lower frequencies based on that measurement? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,252 Posts
The measuring is easy. Since we’re talking about the lower frequencies, I’d measure with both left and right speakers with the subwoofer. If you’re trying to decide what frequency to divide the mains and sub at, measure the speakers and sub separately.

Can’t say I’ve ever heard of a “high level pass filter, so I can’t make any recommendations as to proper integration in your system.

BTW, welcome to the Forum!

Regards,
Wayne

1 - 2 of 2 Posts