Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a question for convenience. I have successfully downloaded and setup the latest version of REW together with ASIO4ALL and really enjoy the 8 channel configuration. Everything works fine, even AVR displays "Multi CH IN" and all the input indicators on the Denon are lit.

Now, in the soundcard tab I can select whichever channel I want to use for testing, however it took me a while to figure out which channel # belongs to which speaker, i.e.:
1. LF
2. RF
3. Center
4. LFE
5. LS
6. RS
7. RSL
8. RSR

Now the Q. Is there a way in REW to rename the outputs in the dropdown menu? It would be much more convenient than just having numbers for each channel.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Feri

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
The channel labels are set by the ASIO driver. REW lists them in order with a preceding number (largely because some drivers give different channels the same label, which gets confusing). If all you are seeing are the numbers, it doesn't sound like the ASIO driver is set up correctly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The channel labels are set by the ASIO driver. REW lists them in order with a preceding number (largely because some drivers give different channels the same label, which gets confusing). If all you are seeing are the numbers, it doesn't sound like the ASIO driver is set up correctly.

Thanks John for your kind reply. Here's how my setup looks like:

ASIO4ALL Control Panel. I can select the Intel (R) Graphics Card Sound Chip:

Here's REW Preference - Soundcard tab, it shows not only numbers, but text as well (sorry, some appear in Hungarian, but "hangkimenet" means "audio output"):

And finally my Denon shows "Multi CH IN" with all 8 input indicators on the left side lit:

Nevertheless, not being able to rename the channel labels is not a big problem after all, I can live with it, all channels are already identified. I'm up and running with REW.

Thank you, again.

Cheers, Feri

1 - 3 of 3 Posts