Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the new Version and I have a repeatable crash. If I select preferences, change from Java to ASIO driver, exit preferences, and return to preferences, the program hangs. Happens every time.

Windows 7 Ultimate
Intel i7 Bloomfield

Also, I would like a little help here. I am using a digi 002r interface for testing. When I look at the Output options, it only shows mono outputs. In other words I cannot select Output 1 & 2, only Output 1. This of course won't work since I need to test both speakers playing at the same time. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
ASIO channels are by nature mono. To have the test signal appear on two outputs select the second as the Timing Reference Output. There are drawbacks to running both speakers, mainly sever comb filtering unless your mic is precisely the same distance from each speaker. Running both speakers can be useful when looking at low frequency performance, since much bass content is mixed mono, but should not be used for full range measurement.

Regarding the program hang, check the log files to see if any error messages have been recorded, the location is shown in the Help -> About box.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
ASIO channels are by nature mono. To have the test signal appear on two outputs select the second as the Timing Reference Output. There are drawbacks to running both speakers, mainly sever comb filtering unless your mic is precisely the same distance from each speaker. Running both speakers can be useful when looking at low frequency performance, since much bass content is mixed mono, but should not be used for full range measurement.

Regarding the program hang, check the log files to see if any error messages have been recorded, the location is shown in the Help -> About box.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Does REW "hang" if you select an alternative ASIO driver such as ASIO4All ?

FYI; I have found the ASIO4All driver to be more stable ( with REW ) than the actual M-Audio driver ( belonging to my Fast Track Ultra ) .

:sn:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't tried with another driver, but was leaning in that direction. Guess my first guess was a good one :D

Will definitely try it out and see what happens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts