Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
The CT 150 is a sealed design and chances are the original amp had some degree of boost in the 30 hz range. Since the measured response of the sub starts to drop off at 25 hz a replacement amp is going to need a sub sonic filter in the mid 20 hz range. The Bash 300 is up to the task if you're willing to change 2 resistors. The amps default subsonic filter is 17.7hz but it can be changed to 25 hz wth 2 db of boost in the 31-35 hz range.

With the sub being 15 years old I would not recommend a 500 watt amp.
My search shows this to be a vented design, and the amp does employ some type of feedback to reduce distortion. I suggest a search for an exact replacement on ebay, or contact Velodyne for repair. They may charge you a flat rate which may be cheaper than a decent replacement.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
The BASH amp is good because it's easy to mod if needed. Being that this is a ported sub, it would be good to know what the tuning frequency is. That's a good place to start for the amp mods.

I saw a post where some guy powered this sub with an external amp when his amp died, and he was happy with the results. So I don't think you lose much by not having the distortion-reducing feedback.

Have you checked with Velodyne just to see if it's possible to repair your amp, and what the cost would be?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.