Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I replaced my lamp today and would like to reset the timer. I checked the service / option menus but was unable to locate the parameter.

What is the procedure to reset the lamp timer?

I did a search.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
IIRC, these sets do not allow you to reset the lamp timer. To be sure, you would have to refer to the training or service manuals.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but I found the answer on another site. (AVS)

Q16: Talk to me about the bulb. How much does it cost, how bright is it, how long does it last, do I want a bulb warranty?

A16: Mits is selling the bulbs for this set for $99 these days if you buy it from their website. Third party places are charging substantially more as of this writing (up to twice that price at some I've seen), so it probably is worthwhile to go directly to Mits for it. The part# is 915B403001. In theory, you can check how many hours of use your lamp has by entering <menu> 2 4 7 0. Unfortunately, this does not seem to work (reports impossibly low number) for 737 and C9 owners with the V41 011.00 firmware (as reported on that same screen as "DM Software").

^^ and that is exactly my case.

With a new bulb it's reporting 17 hours of use.. there is a problem with the firmware / version #.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
So how do you reset the lamp timer, or do you? I don't quite understand the answer.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
FYI, the most current software listed as of today is 11.2.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So how do you reset the lamp timer, or do you? I don't quite understand the answer.

In theory it does it automatically with the lamp change. At this stage, with the firmware issues unresolved, I'm not going to worry about lamp hours. Sad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts