Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New user with M-audio 1010LT card/XP here. The expected response plot just quits at 8k and immediately drops some 50db into a hash while on it's way to 20k. This happens regardless of whether using a RS meter feed, a mic and pre, or jumping input and output together. I knew something was wrong but tried to cal it out anyway. No dice.

I've played with every setting - sound card too. The M-audio manual mentioned that if the Codec rate was to low, the HF response would be cut short. Tried increasing the rate but it was overridden by REW, and locking it from exernal control crashes REW. What's up? I reviewed all 33 pages of threads and came up empty.

Help please...
Steve

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
I've only ever seen that with on-board mic inputs that are sampled at 16k so stop at 8, they get resampled up to 48 (or 44) by the OS before getting into REW. Are you certain the M-audio card is selected as the input and not some other mic source?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem solved... thanks JohnM for the clues.
It wasn't a mic input issue, but was a sampling rate thing nonetheless. The soundcard reverted to 16k no matter what until I updated the drivers and reloaded everything. Now it's goes to 48k and stays there all on its own. Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts