Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Im new to the forums and new to diy projector screens. I currently run an epson EH-TW3000 and a fairly standard motorised white screen. Im looking to move things around now and I wanted to try make my next screen. Im aiming for the ambient light black screen route and I have read all kinds of things from BW to glass beads and even privacy screens. Im interested in the glass beads and got my hands on some <90 micron beads to try a few things. Whats the go on using retroflection? I see some just go with straight beads while other incorporate layers on top of this like tinting to darken the blacks instead of the black backing alone.

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
The problem with beads would be uniform application. I don't know how this could be achieved via diy. And if it isn't achieved, I'd think the screen would be a mess. :dontknow: We did some work with beads way back when. You can probably find the threads in the development forum if you want ot take a look. :T

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking of what results could be achieved with clear adhesive film to apply one layer of beads then spraying over the beads to hopefully cover half the bead in paint and half in adhesive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts