Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any info on the Revel Concerta series speaker line. Especially the F12 mains? I saw that they were highly recommended for the price by Stereophile mag. They seem to be comparrable in price to another line that I am looking at, Polk LSi. Any comments?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I would go with the Revel 100 out of 100 times. I VERY seriously doubt that there is even room for comparison. Get the Revels and enjoy the music!
Cheers,
Konky.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
If you can listen to both, then I would recommend that. I'm not familiar with how the Revel sound but I have the LSi 15 and they sound great. Your ears should be the judge.

Bob

·
Registered
228 Posts
I absolutely agree...your ears should be the judge!
Cheers...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Revel is made by the same company that makes Infinity and JBL, correct? They always looked like a hybrid of the two to me.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yes, Revel is made by Harmon Kardon as is Infinity and JBL and a host of others..BUT, Revel is to HK what Lexus is to Toyota; best of the best!
Cheers,
Konky.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks, that makes sense. I have always like JBL but Infinity, not so much. I'll have to try and give Revel a listen if I ever come across a pair.

T

·
0 Posts
I think for the price the Revels are very hard to beat. But it's a personal choice. I listened to Paradigm Studio, B&W, Energy Audio and Klipsch THX as part of my auditions. When I heard the Revel F12s for the first time, I was sold. I just ordered the S12 surrounds and can't wait to set up my Revel theater.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts