Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Firstly, thanks for the excellent review!
I have been looking at the Emotiva XMC1 for a while now solely because it has Dirac Live so it is nice to see it offered as a stand alone unit. Do you happen to know the differences , if any between the minidsp version and what is included in the xmc1?

·
Registered
734 Posts
That experience would be invaluable. And if done properly, you would feel incomplete until you had Dirac in your own setup.

The Make A Measurement box should only allow for a measurement sweep, not sure where you got the option for pink noise.

The full version of Dirac on the XMC-1 should be the same as with the DDRC-88BM. The DDRC-88BM has the advantage of showing the gain and delay adjustments made by Dirac. and gives the opportunity to change them if needed in the output stage. That is a VERY fine point, but it does give the 88BM a VERY slight edge.

I have not gotten my hands dirty working with an XMC-1 yet, but have heard the result in tesseract's system, and was VERY impressed.

If you have any leanings toward the XMC-1, go with it. I lean toward the 88BM for tweakability, but there is alot more to consider with it.
Thanks, I will have to take a long hard look when it actually comes time to make my purchase. I wonder if Dirac in the XMC1 will extend to the Atmos channels once it becomes available?
I do like the idea that I can use the 88BM with my existing equipment making the cost a little easier to handle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.