Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Is the problem caused by a dirty pot or is it more than that Wayne?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I do not doubt it would cost more than I would want it to BUT they are not coming up that often for sale!

Just got the second one and I think it is working correctly.

For a moment it was acting a little funny but now all seems to be fine.

·
Super Moderator
9,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

Can’t say I’ve ever come across the problem the OP is describing, Tony - assuming it is indeed the YDP (we’ll know for sure once he hooks up his “new” one). Doesn’t sound like any problem with a pot that I’ve ever had. The only actual potentiometer the YDP has is the input knob anyway.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Super Moderator
9,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

Wade, upon further thought I think I have an idea of what could be the problem with your original issue, with the low frequency noise. It’s probably a dirty back-panel level switch, most likely the output switch. Anytime I’ve had weird output level issues, this has always been the problem (a recurring one for me, since I run a fan to keep them cool). Try taking the top panel off and squirting some tuner cleaner into the switches and working them back and forth a few times. I’ll be surprised if this doesn’t fix the problem.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wayne,

Thanks for the review. Based on your review, I bought one of ebay for use in a 2.0 system for the low end frequencies.

I have rca to xlr cables and have a hum in the speakers. It's not overpowering, but I notice it.
You suggested snipping the connection between pin 1 and pin 3. In my xlr, pin 3 is connected to pin 1, and then pin 1 is connected to ground. Should I snip both connections from pin 1 or do I need to re-solder pin 3 to ground and then snip both pin 1 connections?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts