Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 40 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Re: Revised Firmware V1.4 for the DSP1124P

Got another message from Behringer...much more hopeful:
Dear Ron Carlton,

Thanks for writing, Ron. The DSP1124P is not flash-upgradeable via MIDI - it actually has to be upgraded by replacing the socketed EPROM in the unit. As far as obtaining an EPROM upgrade, it's free from BEHRINGER for units under warranty (within one year of purchase). For units out of warranty, it's not a problem as we supply the firmware and you can have it burned at your nearest authorized BEHRINGER service center for a minimal fee. Let me know which category you fall into and we can go from there, Ron. Thanks again for your patience.

We hope that we have been able to help you with this information.

Best regards,

Your BEHRINGER Customer Support Team

Sent them my serial number and address. Mine is under warranty. Will keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
568 Posts

And just a few minutes after sending the information to Behringer I get this nice message:
Dear Ron Carlton,

Thanks for writing, Ron. This particular firmware has just been released, so the physical EPROMS are not yet in stock. However, we should get the process started - could you please fax a copy of your sales receipt at 425-673-7647, Att. Jorge H. Tech Support. The paperwork is required for warranty verification; as soon as I get the fax and the EPROMS, I'll send it out right away.

Best regards,

Now I have to dig up the receipt...hope I can find it:praying: .

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

Well that certainly sounds reasonable enough. I bet if you pressed the issue on the units out of warranty you might get it done for free as well. Just maybe... :huh: ... worth a try anyway.

·
Registered
568 Posts

I might have to...can't find the receipt:wits-end: . I did receive it on 23 of May.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Call your vendor... surely they can supply you with another receipt or copy of it.

·
Registered
790 Posts

Happy New Year everyone!

DSP1124P ***defective*** MIDI firmware fix update:

I'm sorry I wasn't able to test and confirm the ver1.4 fix over the holidays - We're still waiting for EPROMs from hobbyroms.com (Christmas mail delays). Those are burned with the ver1.4 "Pre-release" that somehow came from Behringer Engineering. We have three defective Behringer DSP1124Ps waiting for EPROMs. Which ever one's arrive first, I'll pop them in and let you know the results.

The alternative is to pester Behringer Support USA. Eventually they *might* agree to provide you with a replacement EPROM for your DSP1124P. But not likely unless you produce sales receipt and not without telling you that you are "...not using the product as intended". Oddly, I didn't get this far until after sending an eMail directly to the Behringer press release email address in Germany. And I must correct their assumption that I have been "understanding" at all - Actually I'm pretty ****** at their lousy attitude of denial.

Pretty disgusting yet this is still progress of a sort.

Below is Behringer's response to my plea for help in dealing with all these defective DSP1124Ps we have been finding. Yea! They'll send my an EPROM. But what about everyone else? What about all those other defective DSP1124Ps out there. Well, folks, it appears they don't give a *** if everybody wastes their time re-discovering the same bug...

So, you can venture to give "Chris" a call. But, IMHO, ordering EPROMS from hobbyroms.com is probably the fastest route to getting your DSP1124P fixed. It is cheap and likely the easiest path for most anyone.

...thank you for contacting BEHRINGER USA.

Our technical support and service teams are in the process of sourcing a
replacement EPROM to have burned for you with an updated version of the
DSP1124P firmware which was just released in order to address the MIDI
data bit issue you have been reporting with your DSP1124P. Because we do
not have the facilities to burn EPROMS on premises here in our office,
we are having this service performed at a regional service center, which
necessarily adds a week or more delay to have the actual EPROM itself
source, then burned with the new firmware version at the service center
facility, and then shipped. We thank you in advance for your
understanding as we work to obtain this update EPROM for you.

If you have additional issues or concerns regarding the DSP1124P please
don't hesitate to let me know. I'm also more than happy to pass on any
comments you may have on this or any other BEHRINGER product to the
appropriate parties at BEHRINGER on your behalf if you do not feel that
your concerns are being adequately addressed by BEHRINGER USA technical
support personnel.

ROY, Chris
Technical Support Administrator
Customer Service
BEHRINGER USA Inc.
Tel: +1 425 672 0816 ext 146
Fax: +1 425 673 7647
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.behringer.com

·
Registered
130 Posts

I just sent an email request to hobbyroms.com for a replacement email. Holiday shipping rush is over so hopefully it won't be too far behind t35tB0t's order. And, more importantly, I hope Behringer gave us a tested and working update.

Thanks for all the legwork done by all of you in this and the other related threads.

-Ben

·
Registered
66 Posts

I might have to...can't find the receipt:wits-end: . I did receive it on 23 of May.
Based on your unit information:

Date code: 0602
Serial Number: N0600433124
Version Number: 1.3

... Behringer support should recognize that your DSP1124P is less than a year old...

·
Registered
568 Posts

I would hope so. Still can't find the receipt. I do know the vendors name and have e-mailed them regarding the receipt.

Dear Ron Carlton,

Thank you for writing, Ron. Is it possible to contact your vendor? Unfortunately, we need that verification to get the RA process started to send you the EPROM. Glad to hear the info helped!

Best regards,

·
Registered
14 Posts

After I email them the copy of my receipt, I did get a email from Behringer support, they will ship me the eprom clip with V1.4. BTW I am in Canada

·
Registered
790 Posts

[From www.HobbyRoms.com ]

I've been made aware of your situation by someone on this board.

I run a small eprom burning service which orignally catered mostly
to the Arcade game collecting community (arcade video games and pinballs )
but I've been approached by a wealth of other hobbyists (astronomers, car buffs,
engineering firms, etc... ) and I've even programmed several types of
Behringer devices, so I'm fairly confident I can help out.

[ NB : I've got a few eproms shipped out to user "t35tB0t" (on this thread).
Although I'm pretty confident that they will work, I would advise
to wait for his feedback rather than to "assume" that they will work.
I would hope that he gets the eproms very shortly. ]

Since this really is a "hobby" for me rather than a business,
I try to keep the prices as reasonable as possible.

My usual price for a single eprom is $10US, which INCLUDES shipping.

I've created a "Buy Now" button on my site to facilitate orders.
http://www.hobbyroms.com/all.html

The only catch (so to speak...), is that I'm located in Canada,
so shipping to the States takes a little longer (usually 7-10 days ).

But like I said, it might be wise to for t35tB0t to report his findings
before putting in a request.
(...don't worry I've 300+ eproms in stock, so I'm not likely going to run out ! ;-)

That's it for now...

Cheers,
Stephan Suys
www.Hobbyroms.com
Ottawa, Canada

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

Hi Stephan... and welcome to the Shack!

Thanks for offering your services at a very reasonable amount.

·
Registered
568 Posts

Stephan,
Thanks for the offer. You are too kind!:whew:

·
Registered
790 Posts

*** Version 1.4 UPDATE ***

HobbyRoms came through. I received some Version 1.4 proms!! :jump:

* Swapped out the Ver 1.3 prom and the DSP1124P booted up indicating "1.4"
* Configured the DSP1124P MIDI interface according to the REW help
* Built a set of filters in REW
* Downloaded to the DSP1124P program #3, left engine
* Manually read back each filter parameter - looks fine :T
* Downloaded to the DSP1124P program #3, right engine
* Manually read back each filter parameter - looks fine :T

:jump:

Concern: Stability of version 1.4 firmware - Need to check this rigorously. Behringer released ver 1.3 with serious bugs; who says that version 1.4 was checked out so well either? It would be helpful if REW software could read back filter settings. It would be awesome if REW software would read back and *verify* downloaded filter settings. Until that happens, we'll have to manually check a bunch of downloads and look for errors. Only then can we claim 100% success.

Without read-back verification your best bet is to do an audio sweep with the new filters. If they response looks good, then the filters are probably what you downloaded.

For those with sales receipts - good luck getting your prom from Behringer, it may take weeks at best as they indicated they will take a most circuitous route to dealing with each individual's defective product.

For those without sales receipts (and for those with one as well) - you might as well order from HobbyRoms. They are a great service. :hail:

At last! Now I can get on with tuning my high-definition sub (which I mounted in a concrete box dug into the bedrock beneath my concrete slab floor). It sounded decent until I put a 1" thick custom plate steel shelving unit 6" above it - this shifted the phase as well as excited a couple room-resonance peaks. Initial tests suggest that the DSP1124P should easily be able to fix this. I just needed MIDI to work so I can set up a bunch of "house curves" for listening comparisons...

-Cheers

·
REW Author
6,711 Posts

I'd be much happier if the Behringer units supported read back of settings, unfortunately the only feature they ofer is the ability to manually save the whole setup as a big sysex dump and there's no available info on the format of that data (plus its a bit awkward to go through the Midi menus and trigger the sysex message). Great to hear that downloads now work though, that little bug cost a lot of time and effort!

·
Registered
130 Posts

I'm happy to hear that all this effor has not been in vain. I just got this response from Behringer regarding my new EPROM request. So far they've been forthcoming, probably due to those of you who paved the road with their tech support.

Response (Jorge H.) 08/01/2007 06.23 PM
Dear Ben Daniels,

Thank you for writing, Ben. Still waiting to get the EPROMS in stock - as soon as we get them in, we'll send one out to you. We'll be in touch soon.

Best regards,

Not yet sure how long they will take. I'll resort to hobbyroms if they don't have get them soon.

·
Registered
568 Posts

Ordered mine from HobbyRoms just a few minutes ago. It will be nice to get it working correctly now.

21 - 40 of 138 Posts